Parking ticket Dudley road, Winson green, Birmingham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I parked within a parking bay opposite Birmingham city hospital, it was a 1 hour parking place. I am a blue badger holder and when I returned to my car I saw that I got a parking ticket. I thought blue badge holders could park up to three hours. Furthermore as stated I am a blue badge holder which means I am disabled and takes me long to get back to the car and on top of this I went to go see my sister who has only weeks to live as she has terminal cancer.do u think its worth challenging the parking ticket? I was only 20 mins over. There were other cars with blue badges on who hadn't received a parking ticket.

So could I park there with a blue badge and it will be safe up until 4pm.

IMO, yes. Birmingham's website has where you can't park eg resident bays, loading bays etc. It makes no mention of free time limited bays whatsoever.

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=SystemAdmin%2FCFPageLayout&cid=1223092553071&packedargs=website%3D4&pagename=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FCFWrapper&rendermode=live

Were you also displaying the clock?

I can't find the exact Traffic Regulation Order for that road but several other Birmingham TRO's have this clause under Limited Waiting:

Nothing in Article 5.1 (Limited Waiting Bays) shall render it unlawful to cause or permit a vehicle which displays in the Relevant Position a Disabled Person's Badge, to wait in that length of road
Which means you are allowed to park there with a BB and for longer than the 1 hour limit (otherwise there would be no need for a BB or that clause.)