ESA: DWP/JCP not recieved my sick note

pepper79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I received a letter yesterday from JCP dated from 29th July saying my sick note ran out 25th and they havent received one from me but I was at my GP's on the 18th July and she gave me a sick note up until 15th August. I posted the sick note recorded delivery and have checked and it was signed for on the 25th. The only thing is, I think I sent the sick note to the wrong department but to the correct building. I will be ringing tomorrow but what if they havent and never receive the sick note I sent? Can they stop my claim? Im really worried about this and its really playing havoc with my stress levels. Any info/advice? Thanks.

Ring them, tell them when it was signed for and by whom if you can read it, and tell them when it ran out. Don't mention wrong department unless asked (not likely) as it shouldn't have made any difference and would just give them an excuse to blame you. If you kept a copy, offer to send it to them 1st class. If you didn't, always keep a copy in future. As a last resort, your GP should be willing to provide a copy.

They may stop your money until they find the note/receive the copy, but it should only be a matter of days at most until it's reinstated.

Just thought, you could also offer to take a copy to your nearest jobcentre plus, but that tends to take longer to reach the right place than Royal Mail!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks for your reply. I didnt keep a copy of my sick note but will in future thats for sure. This is the 2nd time this has happened but this time its been a bit longer but hope it will turn up. I think my GP is away until the 15th but hope a copy of my sick note can still be given regardless if need be.

: pepper79:

Jobcentreplus can't stop your claim for the moment but the computer will automatically suspend payment until it's fed an up to date Med 3 (unfit) note.

Your note may have been signed for on 25 July but Jobcentreplus mail handling means it sometimes takes a few days to get to the right desk. Shouldn't, but it does. More likely than not that your note will be found and processed, and any payment due released, during the next few days. Especially if you send them proof of delivery.

Should your note be irretrievably lost, your general practitioner is allowed to issue a duplicate.

Tip for the future; cos Med 3 (unfit) notes are small bits of white paper, they become less losable when stapled to a sheet of A4 with the claimant's name and national insurance number written on it. :-)

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thanks for that, I hope it does show up as I cant be doing with the hassle of getting copies and such. I will take more care in sending my sick note in the future and you are right it is very easy to get lost. Thank you.

Always allow at least 7-10 days for an (un)fit note to arrive and be processed. I used to mark it in my diary when it was due to run out and see my GP a good fortnight before. A week after sending it I'd phone up to check it had been received ok.

: :???: Fit :???: Notes :

Yes, some general practices, encouraged by Government's assumption that everyone has unlimited access to technology, are using a computer programme for Med 3 notes.

Copies of Med 3 notes are helpful for keeping track of when the next one's due and useful for receptionists to identify lost notes. Unfortunately they aren't acceptable for benefit claims. Has to be the original note or a duplicate with a doctor's signature.

Margaret.

For our area we have a post handling address which is miles away, and the office it ends up at is just local......beggars belief, we always used to send direct to the local office, it has to go miles away to come back via their internal journey.

Just to update you all. I called the JCP today who still hadn't received my fit note and told me someone would ring me back before 3pm - which they did. They told me my fit note hadnt arrived so they would call my GP to verify things but needed the details which I gave them and as my GP was shut for lunch they had to ring back after 2pm. I got a call at around 2.40pm saying that my fit note had just turned up while the lady was trying to call my GP. How odd. Missing for 2 weeks, only to turn up out of the blue when I call up about it lol Thanks all for your help, really appreciate it.

Good to hear it seems to be OK now. Basically, the situation is quite common, and it's not that unusual for it to show up immediately after you call because that's often the first time anyone has seriously looked for it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.