Credit4Cars/Credit Car Sales turn your car off?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Has anyone heard, used or know anyone who has had experiences with Credit4Cars in Essex.

I have poor credit due to past problems and need a car, I am not in a position to buy a car so need finance but I have heard they are a horrible company.

I have been told they switch the car off if you are a couple of days late and won't switch it on until you have made the payment. This won't be an.issue as I can pay on time but if something were to happen where my payment might be late a can't have them turning the car off.

Any one used them????

Many thanks

Hi all,

Has anyone heard, used or know anyone who has had experiences with Credit4Cars in Essex.

I have poor credit due to past problems and need a car, I am not in a position to buy a car so need finance but I have heard they are a horrible company.

I have been told they switch the car off if you are a couple of days late and won't switch it on until you have made the payment. This won't be an.issue as I can pay on time but if something were to happen where my payment might be late a can't have them turning the car off

There has been the odd post on other forums MSE/AAD etc. in regard to immobilising vehicles, but I have not seen any such action proved I'm Essex based and not seen an press reports on such action which I'm pretty sure would have caused a lot of interest.

Any one used them????

Many thanks

Hi welcome to CAG,

I am aware that this company can be quick off the mark on late payments, but if paid by DD there should be no problem, BUT a 62% APR representative is very high although not as high as some "bad credit" finance companies.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I dont think they are alloeed to do that and they sound like a very shady company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I dont think they are alloeed to do that and they sound like a very shady company.

Not seen any proven reports of such action.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thats why i said "i dont think". Not "they are not" ;) In any case, it is still pretty shady.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thats why i said "i dont think". Not "they are not" ;) In any case, it is still pretty shady.

Why shady, it seems to be upfront on interest rates and Ts &Cs rates are high but not as high as some.

these wretched devices are becoming more common, supplied by Prompt Pay from the USA

this is the industry view-

Vehicles purchased on finance can now be disabled automatically if motorists miss payments. This comes courtesy of a keypad operated immobiliser system supplied by U.S. company Prompt Pay. Shall we consider a scenario? Craig has a new car on finance. He has sent his first payment and therefore received a six digit code. He enters this into the immobiliser which allows the car to operate normally – for now. However, three days before the next payment becomes due the immobiliser springs to life. It therefore shows '3' on its screen indicating that Craig has three days to pay. This becomes '2', then '1'. The message is reinforced by beeps. After this, the car will not start until Craig pays to receive a new code. The immobiliser was launched in the U.S. in 2006. It now – according to Rob Toon the National Sales Manager for Prompt Pay - protects “twenty-five million of receivables in the near to sub-prime sector”. Delinquency, Rob says, sits at “negligible levels." So far, the system has been utilised by at least one-hundred UK dealerships and finance companies. But is that fair? On one hand, leaving a motorist stuck in a multi-story with kids and bags of shopping seems harsh – particularly as payments can be delayed through bank errors, etc. On the other hand car companies are not charities, they require payments to be profitable, and the system provides several warnings before immobilisation. Little harsh then... but fair.

However by turning the car off, you are depriving the customer of the use of the car

and imo a default notice under cca1974 would have to be issued prior to immobilising the car

allowing 14 days to remedy

the 3-2-1- countdown system to payment is imo in breach of cca1974, it is certainly not a default notice

I think we will be hearing alot more about these

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Sad thing is, its perfectly legit in the U.S, and those companies, just like PDL's, think they can come here and do the same thing, simply because there is little to no regulation around that type of thing.

regardless of what their t&cs may say, they would imo be in breach of s87(1)

personally I would steer well clear of any company using these devices

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

they are not the only firm, we have a car from the Car finance company, if we dont make payment by 24th each month, we dont receive a letter the car will just beep, when turned over, but there has been one time when we were 420 miles away from home and the payment was sent to them before the holiday, and while on holiday due to come home we had not received the code to type into car but the car would not turn over, so we contacted them and they refused to issue code to turn on, i made clear that payment had been made and any errors were on there side, i had to send prove of payment etc and finally a code was sent.

we have made enquires to have the device removed but as the contract states it is ok to have it we can not! we have had to pay out for a clutch and gear linkage for car, but yet FOS say that our problem not theres.

I personally would advise anyone to stay clear of these types of car devices etc! when we can it being returned and cheap car being purchased

The minimum payment being £180.00 per month is not in my opinion an affordable amount, when around my area a new car can be lease for £97.00 from a main dealer.

they are not the only firm, we have a car from the Car finance company, if we dont make payment by 24th each month, we dont receive a letter the car will just beep, when turned over, but there has been one time when we were 420 miles away from home and the payment was sent to them before the holiday, and while on holiday due to come home we had not received the code to type into car but the car would not turn over, so we contacted them and they refused to issue code to turn on, i made clear that payment had been made and any errors were on there side, i had to send prove of payment etc and finally a code was sent.

we have made enquires to have the device removed but as the contract states it is ok to have it we can not! we have had to pay out for a clutch and gear linkage for car, but yet FOS say that our problem not theres.

I personally would advise anyone to stay clear of these types of car devices etc! when we can it being returned and cheap car being purchased

Any such action, without a default notice with 14 days to remedy, is in breach of s87 cca1974, restricting the use of the car by the hirer-87(1)d

87 Need for default notice.(1)Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,—

(a)to terminate the agreement, or

(b)to demand earlier payment of any sum, or

©to recover possession of any goods or land, or

(d)to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as terminated, restricted or deferred, or

(e)to enforce any security

Any such action, without a default notice with 14 days to remedy, is in breach of s87 cca1974, restricting the use of the car by the hirer-87(1)d

87 Need for default notice.(1)Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,—

(a)to terminate the agreement, or

(b)to demand earlier payment of any sum, or

©to recover possession of any goods or land, or

(d)to treat any right conferred on the debtor or hirer by the agreement as terminated, restricted or deferred, or

(e)to enforce any security

I'd like to see a copy of one of their agreements before making such a judgement.

I'd like to see a copy of one of their agreements before making such a judgement.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?426215-Charged-%A350-for-Default-notice&p=4550456#post4550456

condition 10c

What would happen if the car is stopped in a tow away zone i.e. between 10am and 4pm you can park there but after that time the car is towed away. Who would be responsible for costs?

imo :-),if this action was taken without a default notice, you would have a claim against the finance co

If its a modern immobiliser on a modern car they can tie it into the ecu.

If its a modern immobiliser on a modern car they can tie it into the ecu.

Makes you wonder what would happen if you stall the car somewhere on a road and the device kicks in leaving you stranded in the middle of nowhere on a busy road. However not serving a default notice would have grave implications for the finance company and they could lose their credit licence.

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

I have been told they switch the car off if you are a couple of days late and won't switch it on until you have made the payment. This won't be an.issue as I can pay on time but if something were to happen where my payment might be late a can't have them turning the car off.

Any one used them????

Many thanks

Yes I have wouldn't bother my car caught fire a few weeks after I got it and I still owed money as 4 switching car off its a false imboaliser