dwf wanting an I&E form filled in santander car loan

starman59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I had a phone call this morning from Credit Assistance,

the bod told me it was regarding a Santander loan and could he have my address to confirm it was me who he was talking to.

He got mighty miffed when I informed him I will only deal in writing and that I wanted my tel no removed from their list as it would only waste their time trying to talk to me.

He then said about a letter they had sent (not received letter yet).

The story is that I volountary surrendered a car about 4-5 weeks ago as I am on ESA and not able to keep payments up.

It was about 38 mths into a 60 mth agreement.

It was a fixed sum loan agreement.

I have not had anything from Santander saying they were refering this to a DCA or anything,

but I have changed address about 18 mths ago (which I told them about) so they may possibly have sent a letter to my old address.

Any ideas what I should do about this?

or shall I just wait and see what turns up in the post.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You need firstly to read the terms and conditions of your

agreement, if this agreement was secured on the vehicle,

and what exactly they are claiming and why.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

From what I can see it looks like the loan is secured on the car,

I'l enhance it tomorrow am and look closer , going to retire tonight'

family probs.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Does anyone think I should get in contact with Santander to find out why they sent CA after me, or should I wait and see what comes along in the post in the next few days. I am assuming that they auctioned the car off and there was a shortfall of 'X' amount so they want me to pay up. I am afraid that they will be dissapointed as I have no spare money and will offer them a £1 a month. Being on benefits is a pain in the butt. I suppose the only way to find out whats going on is to call this DCA and answer their security questions to see what they have to say.

NO NO NO!

NEVER talk to these fools over the phone, not unless you can record the call and are confident in baiting them?

There is NOTHING that is urgent, nor should this take any priority whatsoever over your daily life, it is only money, jeez watching paint dry is far more important than this shower!

Wait until they contact you by post, whatever they want to say can be committed in writing, as for satans bank, you MUST start their complaints procedure ASAP, this way then you will be able to escalate the matter sooner rather than later.

If fraggle rock rings again, laugh at them and hang up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi BB I am not sure what you mean by starting a complaint about satans bank, LOL like that, is it for getting a DCA after me? I agree nothings less important than money but I have something more important and thats a 9 month old daughter born after 20 years of marriage who melts my heart every time I look at her.

Satans Bank = Santander

And you are complaining to them about their extremely dire customer care and the fact that they have decided to pass your details and information onto CA without first informing you they intended to do so, manners cost nothing, yet these financial institutions seem to think that even after bringing the country to it's knees, they can still act with near impunity and treat people like dirt.

Don't waste all your time on these fools, a token payment of £1 a month is ALL you would be forced to pay by a Judge anyway, so tell em to like it or lump it!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Looked again at the form it seems to ''Imply'' that the agreement is secured, but

it's is vague.

I suggest the simple question to the lender is this secured on the car or not!!

The thing is BB I think that Santander is sending letters to a previous address,

they managed to send a bod to this address to pick the car up and I have given them my new address on a few occasions

so if they send letters to an old address is that down to me if this goes to court,

in other words can satans bank get a ruling even if I get no notification from them.

This morning I had another call from CA,

I wouldnt give them my address (he asked why not) so I told him I had no idea who he was and to write to me.

Thing is if satans bank told them my old address then its likely nothing will come here.

One question though if this was a credit card then I could CCA the DCA but this is a loan so what would I send to Santander or the DCA to see whats what.

I am loath to give them my address here as I believe that santander should have a record of this as they were informed when I moved 18 mths ago and I have sent them 3 letters since.

To you Brig.

Its a matter of this address as above.

Am I legally obliged to give them my address if I think they are sending letters to my old address?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

You should always notify change of address as you can very easily end

up with judgment by default, also you may get a GAIN entry on your credit

file which is very damaging, as it will indicate that you have tried to avoid

responsibility for you obligations.

Also keeping your creditors in the loop shows your willingness

to face the debt.

I have notified Santander of my new address Brig and I would not try and get out of paying my debts (not that you are implying anything) but as I have told them on at least 5 occaisions of this address then what more can I do? However I will have to write to Santander to see what they have to say for themselves about Credit Assistance and ask them why they did not contact me to tell me the problem. I will also ask for their complaints procedure to be sent.

Hi, be assured it was no accusation I see a lot of people who get the

idea that change of address will get them out of trouble, but technology

has them beaten, I posted the scenario for the benefit of those who may be considering

such a move:madgrin:

The bank ignoring you notifications is a major problem for them if you have kept all

the proof of the letters.

A report to OFT, Consumer direct, is in order.

To remedy this quickly a letter to the Compliance Manager RD, stating that

the company has failed to act on information provided and that you cannot

be held responsible for any correspondence sent to the wrong address or

for any costs, liabilities, or actions resulting from you companies incompetence.

Brig.

I was wondering if anyone can help me compose a letter to satans bank, I seem to have the first bit then get stuck lol.And am not very good at this sort of thing.I have recieved two phone calls for a company calling themselves CA who allege to be representing Santander. These people asked me for my personal info which I declined politely to give them as I have no idea who they are or what they want. I have recieved no correspondance for you since it was arranged for the vehicle to be picked up by your representative. Thats all I can think of any help would be great thanks

I recieved this letter today from CCA. I am wondering what to do next as satans bank have not notified me of this or indeed that they wanted me to give them money after handing back my car.I have written to satans bank and I would expect thay should have signed for it today. Do I now write to satans bank asking for a CCA or a SAR, or given the fact I am on benefits and would only pay them £1 a month is it worth my while doing that.As for CCM what will send them?

Here is the letter I sent to satans bank on wednesday.

Oh and theres one other thing when I first contacted satans bank about surrendering the car the bod on the phone told me all I would need to pay was £62.56 and that would clear the account. Now I did not get this in writing so I have no proof, so unless they record their calls then theres no way I can do anything about it as its he said, he said.

CCMa.pdf

CCMb.pdf

San1.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge

OK what you have received today are the notices pf assignment to CCM,

Now I would SAR Satans.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Thanks Brig. Pardon my ignorance but what would getting a CCA from CCM achieve?

Sorry my fault I was thing credit card/ Santander from another post.

No probs Brig, is there something for getting the original Fixed Sum Loan Agreement? or does things like that not happen. Also as I have not recieved any correspondance back from satander yet is it worth sending CCM a wait until I hear from satans bank then I might reply letter?.

Also should'nt satans bank have sent me a letter telling me that CCM would be attempting to scare me into paying and is this normal for a DCA to tell you what your OC are not?

Edited by starman59
Thought of more to ask

Sorry for all the confusion a fixed sum loan is covered by CCA 1974

therefore you are in order to ask the last company (CCM) for a copy,

just the standard CCA request + £1 postal order.

They have 12+2 days to respond.

Brig.

Combine it all in one, I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company

you claim to represent, take not you will cease to make any contact other than

in writing via Royal Mail, also no persons employed by you our any allied

company are to visit my property(words to that effect.

Then the CCA request.

• Confused 1