Samsung mobile phone faulty battery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Samsung mobile phone, which I like, but over the last few months, it does not hold the charge any longer than a few hours. I bought a new battery thinking that it was it, but I now have to carry a spare battery, as I am not always near a charging point. The phone is useless as I have to keep things switched off. I have another 6 months to go on a 24 mth contract with O2. I have no phone really, but need one. Any advice on this?

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

You say that you need to carry a spare battery. However, does the spare battery lasts for an acceptable period of time? If so – then I'm not too sure why you want to keep the original troublesome battery in there rather than use it as a spare.

If you are sure that it is the battery then frankly on the basis that you have had 18 months use out of it, for the price of a new original battery – about £19, it's really not worth doing anything.

Batteries are always a bit of a grey area – it's difficult to say when a faulty battery has crossed the limit of being acceptable or not.

If it is the phone that is consuming too much power then that has greater value and will be worth taking action.

If the second battery is a genuine Samsung battery, then I'm afraid I would be suspecting the telephone.

A friend of mine had a Galaxy S4 which seem to be discharging at an extraordinary rate. Suddenly discovered that the navigation the time. She switched it off and the battery discharge rate reverted to normal

To rule out a rogue app or setting being the cause of this, the next step would be to backup all your data and then do a full factory reset and test for a day or two to see if things return to normal. Is they do, then the problem was with an app or setting. If it is still the same problem then it would be the phone itself and would need repairing (which either Samsung/O2 would do).

One more option if you want to try something without going for the nuclear option of wiping your phone is to install a 'battery doctor' app from the Play store which might be able to monitor what apps use what power and therefore help you identify if there's one particular culprit.

• Confused 1

Thank you for the help, I cannot get the kies for samsung to work to back up my phone, but will try the battery doctor. Thanks again.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)