Manufacturers fault not Currys problem.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Contact your card provider.

Another chap from Currys has just been on the phone to me. He admitted that they had examined my tablet, identified a manufacturers fault, decided that it couldn't be repaired economically and again offered me £150.00. I declined their offer and asked that he confirmed what he had told me in an email. He said he would.

Contact your card provider.

Thanks for the advice. I reckon that is the way to go with this now especially since since receiving the promised email. Here's the relevent bit:

" It is always regrettable to hear when a product does not meet a customer's expectation. As the fault has been diagnosed and confirmed by our technical department as stemming from a manufacturing issue and has occurred outside the manufacturer's warranty what we are able to offer is a contribution towards a replacement product. This is based on the original purchase price and the benefit of use that you have had out of the machine. The amount that we are able to offer is £150.00 towards a replacement product."

Read the whole thread. It's already been established that there's an inherent fault, Paul has evidence kindly provided by Currys. Paul you should actually send that in as the requested report.

My post wasn't aimed at the OP. I was asking ashmk where he shops as I want to try them if they don't question returns...