Account's Closure

dillm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just a little confused

I had 3 accounts at with Nat West Basic Account, Select Account which was to replace the Basic Account when I got around to giving the DWP the new details; and a Savings Account

The Select and the Savings Account had NIL balances

I have always kept my accounts in order and not had any borrowing from the bank

I called today with a routine banking query and was asked to see a member of staff who then persuaded me that if I am not using the accounts (Select and Savings ) I should really close them down

I understand the logic of having what were dormant accounts closed but wonder why the Bank wanted the Select account closing when it was last used about 6 weeks ago or should I not been offered an upgraded bank account in the first place

Does select/select silver have a min amount you need to deposit each month? Did you ask the member of staff why the accounts needed closing?

I have 3 savings accounts with natwest ( all with nil balance), a current account with them and a savings account with a fair amount in it. Ive never been asked to close any of them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have checked it does not seem to have a regular credit stipulation average credit between the basic and the select has been about £1000 per month

but I have had no end of problems with staff telling me I should not have been upgraded

When I have queried this with management they have said there is no reason why I should not have been offered the Select account

p.s I have had no problem with using a basic account - i am just confused

Edited by dillm
adittional info

I got upgraded from a basic to select silver first. Mainly because oif this stupid money making scheme where they charge you to use any cash machine that isnt theres. Same with most other banks. After a LOT of complaining, they removed the charge from my account and eventually upgraded me to a current one. Although i was adamant i didnt want any frills on my account as they tried to push me to have an overdraft, credit card and various other features.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I wonder if that when the "advisor's " both past and present realised i DID NOT want an overdraft / credit card that is when they implied i should not have that account

I will ring telephone banking and register a complaint tomorrow

I would follow it up in writing so the complaint doesnt get 'lost'.