Stemologica - cancel here 08000148005 + Email addresses + return AD

jokearns1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody had any dealings with this company???

I have paid postage and packing for a free trial of skin products and received the trial pack.

My wife was unhappy with the product and i returned same via recorded delivery within the 14 day trial period.

I have attempted to email the company to inform them but the email facility

keeps informing that the session is timed out even when i hit it without putting any information in.

I am beginning to smell a rat.

I also have a feeling that this is a ploy intended to let the 14 day period lapse so i will then be charged the full amount.

I would be grateful for any replies.

Write them a recorded delivery letter and point out that you have returned the trial pack and that you are cancelling any agreement. Tell them also that you are withdrawing any authority for them to make any deductions from your bank account.

Check that they have received the return of the pack – not that it matters too much. Also, check that eventually they have received the letter.

The most important thing to contact your bank by telephone and cancel any payment instructions to that company. And even more importantly, you must confirm this in writing. Write your bank a letter and explained very clearly that any payments to this company or any associates of the company are no longer authorised. Deliver a copy of it to your branch but also make sure that you send a copy of it to their head office or customer service department.

In fact while you are dealing with it on the telephone you can ask them for the address to send a written confirmation to. Even if they try to tell you that there is no need for confirmation, insist that you do so anyway. When you call them and give your verbal cancellation, get a reference number if they are prepared to give it to you. Unfortunately you will often find that they are not prepared to give reference numbers – if that's the case then try to get the name of the person you're speaking to and the team number or some other reference to them and then in your letter to them confirming the cancellation refer to that person and refer to the fact that they refuse to give you any reference number.

It is important to lay a paper trail.

The only problem might be if the company takes the payment from your account under some different name – the name of some affiliate or associate company and that is not recognised by the bank. Keep an eye on your bank account and if you notice any payments go out then contact the bank immediately and claim the money back.

Although it's a lot of hassle, if you really want to be sure – then log the card as stolen or missing and order another one with a different number, making sure that all payments had been stopped.

smell like the lift and glow spoofers to me.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is exactly the same system the recent Raspberry Ketones con used. If the company don't receive your cancellation they will auto refill your 'order'..... Always read the small print, I just did!

Cancel your debit card that you used to pay for the trial so that they cannot use its details to debit your account. Back this up with the advice already given.

sadly cancelling the card DOES NOT WORK - its a myth

you need to cancel the CPA with your card holder

dx

and they

Thanks for your speedy replies and advice.

Unfortunately there is no address to write to cancel any further products other than the address to return the product

which i suspect is just a central hub.

I will however write to this address as they must be operating as agents for the company.

I will contact the bank and keep you guys informed of my progress.

Finally i cant believe that the way this company acts is within the bounds of legality...

..anyway will have to stop before i start ranting....

Update on further progress.

Contacted the bank who were a little evasive informing that i needed to agree with the company over cancelling any future orders

however when i insisted that i was withdrawing authorisation for any future payments

and that i would be writing to the bank to inform of this instruction.

The operator then went on to seek further clarification (a couple of minutes pause while she sought further advice)

then informed that processes were changing all the time and that i could cancel further payment.

I was informed that i did not need to put my instruction in writing and they were unable to provide an address i should write to.

I have subsequently written to my local bank manager and asked him to attach my written instruction to my account.

The bank has agreed to monitor my account and will provide a chargeback if any monies are accessed.

I have also written to the address provided to return the product further cancelling any future orders.

I suspect the company involved does appear to have a dubious past history and bears a resemblance to the company mentioned above

and a number of other companies e.g. deadseabeautykits.

This company operates from the Czech Republic..

...product is manufactured in Israel..

..uses satellite phones as a contact number which costs a fortune to ring them.

Again thanks for your assistance and advice and i will let you know of any further developments.

After searching through the smallprint in the terms and conditions you will find the return address in Rugby.

I today have sent my goods back to this address along with a letter asking them to acknowledge my cancellation. Send via recorded delivery.

I actually received the goods ahead of any payment being taken out of my account which made it a bit suspicious but the bank can not stop any further payments until something has been taken to show a traceable reference.

However today the £3.95 has been taken out, but the reference shows as Dermacella.com and not as Stemcellset.com 08000885638 as it states on the website.

I will report further if I hear back from the return of goods.

• 2 weeks later...

Having read the posts about Stemologica,

I now feel quite sick as I bought the trial pack,

it arrived,

I tried it once then went on holiday.

.. thought the 14 return conditions referred to the £3.95 which I wasn't too bothered about but

now, 15 days later and whilst still on holiday,

I have had £97.95 taken from my account.

Can I assume I haven't got a leg to stand on?

Do I have to just suck it up?

I fully intend to try cancelling with my bank anyway

but has anyone had any success with this AFTER the 14 day period?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a similar experience with them. I realised after signing up for the 'free' trial that I had been 'had'. Tried to cancel the order within minutes but found it impossible. Although they claimed to be sending out the order within 2/3 working days when I finally found a customer service contact they said the order had already been sent ie. withing 30 mins of me signing up with them. I think they are a US company but operating illegally within our UK consumer laws. I bank with First Direct who are ready to stop any further payments coming from my account and will take up the case on my behalf. Not all banks are so good so we must publicise this company and try and get them out of operating in the UK.

I,m please to hear that your bank are taking this matter seriously, I am with nat west and they are not being helpful at all, I agree this is a US company and are not trading legally within our consumer rights. Trading standard will only look into this company if they receive X amount of complaints so everyone in my opinion needs to report them asap. If trading standards agree that stemologica are trading illegally they can tell the banks to recover OUR money C

Edited by curvissal

I have sent the goods back to this rugby address too via recorded delivery its all you can do as no other address is given I have the receipt and if nothing else it will prove to your bank or/ and trading standards that you have at least tried your best. I have also been given another address via my banks charge back team as a flat in Manchester I do not want to post the full address on here as it probably is a bogus address and I believe we are dealing with some dubious characters ,

why keep wasting money on recorded delivery

use free proof of posting from the PO counter

in law all you have to do is prove it was SENT.

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed this thread is getting a lot of views via google.

Example of resolved case is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?433748-Stemologica-another-victim-**Refunded**&p=4621896#post4621896

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

is that not a foreign number?

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...
is that not a foreign number?

dx

I was charged $149.95 for my "free sample" plus $5.95 to expedite the shipping which I did not want. It still took almost a month to get the product. Then I was on vacation so my children opened it and didn't keep the package and I have no mailing instructions. How do I get those??

I have just been on the phone to them to cancel.

Got my trail 1/2 days ago and wish I had seen this sooner.

So once I saw this that's when I called them up.

If anyone wants to send their trial packs back

I have the proper address.

However you do need to send proof of postage once you have sent it

(well that's what the email states you have to do).

Send items back to Returns Stemologica, PO Box 7574, Milton Keynes, MK11 9GQ, United Kingdom.

Your name, address and email have must be clearly written on the return package,

both inside and out.

Hope this helps people.

and what email address are they using please

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks