Disabled parking violation parcking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all

I think this May have been posted before but here goes as I need advice.

My FIL parked in a car park patrolled by UKPC and got a Penalty charge

he is registered disabled but did not display the badge correctly.

He has communicated with them and given them his details and the badge number etc

but the notice is for 100.00 (which I think is excessive in the first place).

How do I fight it on his behalf he can hardly walk and has a heart condition etc and is also in his eighties.

Any advice and or sample type letters would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Fozzie:-)

Firstly, make sure that you do not ignore any correspondence that you receive about this. When parking companies are ignored, there is a risk that they will consider that they have come across an easy kill and they may go on to issue a court claim in the expectation it won't be defended and that they will get a default judgement.

Read around on this sub- forum about the issues relating to the private parking bounty hunting industry. Understand the basis upon which they are trying to get money from you – and also understand why they have no right to do so.

Write a letter to UKPC and explain to them first of all your father-in-law's situation, and then go on to explain to them that you won't be paying them any money anyway because firstly you do not believe that there is any contract, secondly that the money that they are trying to extort from you does not reflect administrative losses, and finally that they have no interest in the car park upon which to bring any legal action.

You can also add, that if they want to go ahead and try to pursue an elderly disabled and sick man for this kind of thing, that you will also let the local press know as well and that will simply produce more bad publicity to add to their tarnished reputation within a disreputable industry.

Explain to them that if they want to proceed with this and go to the County Court, that you are more than willing to meet them there where you are confident that they will be defeated.

Make sure that you write this letter in an assertive and robust fashion.

Keep us updated

Hi fozzie bear

Welcome to CAG

Were there any car park attendants about? If the answer is No.

If so, then you could consider sending the following if the facts are correct or amend it to your fathers specific situation.

His conditions fit the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010. Businesses have an obligation under the Act to make reasonable adjustments to help disabled individuals access their goods, facilities and services.

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My father recently received a £100 Penalty Charge from a company called UKPC, it was issued between on XXXXXXXXXX. UKPC is retained by XXXXXXXXXX for parking enforcement. The location that the Penalty Charge refers to is XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX.

My father who is XXXXXX years old suffers from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. He would certainly needed more time than an able-bodied and well person would need. My father is more than willing to provide proof of his medical conditions if requested. (Amend)

His conditions fit the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010. Businesses have an obligation under the Act to make reasonable adjustments to help disabled individuals access their goods, facilities and services.

UKPC camera system is fatally flawed in this regard that it applies an arbitrary time limit with no human being on site manning a kiosk or actually engaged in any way in parking management. (Amend)

UKPC has caused unnecessary distress to my father who has serious conditions as stated previously. The failure of UKPC to adhere to the Equality Act 2010 by facilitating a manned kiosk, but instead they rely on remote cameras rather than a person in the car park who could be made aware of any special need covered by the Equality Act 2010. (AMEND)

On behalf of my father, I would ask XXXXXXX to give serious consideration in this matter and to withdraw in full the Penalty Charge made by UKPC with immediate effect.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Morning all I think this May have been posted before but here goes as I need advice. My FIL parked in a car park patrolled by UKPC and got a Penalty charge he is registered disabled but did not display the badge correctly. He has communicated with them and given them his details and the badge number etc but the notice is for 100.00 (which I think is excessive in the first place). How do I fight it on his behalf he can hardly walk and has a heart condition etc and is also in his eighties. Andy advice and or sample type letters would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Fozzie:-)

It is NOT called a penalty charge is it?

Your fil has responded to the windscreen ticket, so what has the reply been from UKPC?

Did he specifically call it an appeal?

Do not worry about UKPC, they are easily beaten. He will not pay any money to them.

Thank you guys there must have been an attendant as they took a photo of the car. He had his disabled pass in the window but knowing him he quite likely forgot to open it. Thanks for your responses so far it is much appreciated. You guys do a great job on here.:-)

When your FIL found the ticket on his car, is there a 'Hut' where your FIL could locate the attendent?,

you state that your FIL has health conditions, it would have been inpossible for him to locate the attendent in his conditions unless there was a 'Hut' manned by an attentant.

Your FIL shouldn't have to hunt for the attendant, there should be one located at a specific point like a 'Hut' to aid Disabled Drivers. He could have reported that he had a vaild ticket.

Thank you guys there must have been an attendant as they took a photo of the car. He had his disabled pass in the window but knowing him he quite likely forgot to open it. Thanks for your responses so far it is much appreciated. You guys do a great job on here.:-)

When they responded to his communication did they do so in writing and if they rejected his submissions to them did they give him a POPLA code so he may appeal to the independent adjudicator? If not then write to the head of the British Parking Association and complain that UKPC are in breach of the BPA regs and the requirement s of the PoFA by failing to do so and what are they going to do about it before you contact the Daily mail?

You will get your POPLA code then.

Once you have it come back here and we will tell you how to give UKPC a good thrashing on several points of law.