• Tweets

• Hi All   I've been burying my head in the sand with this, I basically had to stop paying the HP payments on my car as I couldn't afford them.  The car has now been collected by a sherrif officer, I thought that the car would be taken to auction and sold, the proceeds from that sale go to original lender then they would adjust intrest etc and potentially chase me for the rest, however the day after the car was collected I was given a letter for an earnings attachment fot the full amount ?    Now thankfully the employer detials they have are incorrect but it won't take them long to track me down, question is, can they do this for the full amount ?  Also, am I leggaly obliged to disclose where I work ? And on another note, I've heard that to stop the arrestment I should do a Moratorium ?    Can anyone advise please ?
    • so i just had a mediation call, i was seeking £291 including court fee i explained everything to mediator discussed my consumer right s49 and how they have breached the contract. also told mediator that laptop was in the list of non compensation items on their website so buying insurance for the item they already say they dont compensate was insane. they only offered £150 which i declined mediator went back to them and called back and said they haven't increase the offer i said i will take it to court then. she said i will now receive instructions from court. i am really feeling down now, thought it will be sorted today reading all mediation success stories i was quite hopeful 
    • A very good morning to everyone!  My father received a PCN last week - he shops regularly at a local Lidl's.  The Notice tells him he was seven minutes over the measly one hour that is allowed in that car park when he drove away on 7th October.  The Notice is dated 15th October.  It's got the usual guff about paying half if it's within 14 days of the date of the Notice.   My father is 91.  He is my mother's main carer - she's 83 and has Alzheimer's and is immobile, and therefore uses a wheelchair.  Because he is stubbornly independent, he won't allow me or my sister to do an online shop for him, hence the weekly shopping trip.  Firstly, he has to find a Disabled space - sometimes, this means waiting a while until one becomes available, or he tries to find an "end" space in the regular part of the car park.  Then, it can take him up to ten minutes to get the wheelchair out of the boot and get my mother into it.  Then he has to find a trolley that attaches to the wheelchair - this has proved difficult, apparently, in the last few weeks, and he said that, this past week, he tried three until he found one that wasn't faulty.  Then they can actually go in and shop.  The store has a system for scanning receipts and then entering your car's registration in order to confirm that you have actually shopped in that store, and not just parked there to potter into the town.  My father says that sometimes, this can take a few minutes, as there are inevitably people waiting to do this, and not all of them a)remember their registration or b)type it in correctly the first time!  Once that's done, he has to get the shopping and my mother back to the car, unload her and the shopping into the car, put the wheelchair back into the car, and then they can finally leave.  I have told him that I'm happy to do an online appeal to Parkingeye on his behalf - do you feel that what I have just outlined would meet with sympathy and understanding, or is there another approach that would result in a favourable outcome for my poor father?  One hour is, I feel, a very tight timescale for anyone in his position, and indeed, anyone who has to cope with someone who is seriously disabled.  I am also tempted to write to the management of the specific Lidl store to tell them that they've got damaged trollies that need attention!   Thank you very much for your time, much appreciated.
    • We ask six people across the UK what they would like to see from Rishi Sunak's Budget.View the full article
    • The Co-operative Bank confirms it made an approach to buy Spanish-owned British rival TSB.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

have tried everything with EGG

etered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They defaulted on me, for missing a few DD's! yep abbey!

I did make payments but EGG said not enough so they defaulted.

Anyway, inever received any default notice informing me what they were going to do, if i did this wouldnt have happened.

anyway, i have followed the recommended path to having the default removed, but EGG will not have it, they have sent me a screen print of the default on their system but not the actual default letter .

whats my next steps?

I asked for

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the credit agreement . This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 cheque to cover the statutory fee.

They eventually sent it

2. Please also supply me with a signed, true and certified copy of the original default notice.

No only a screen shot

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

my last letter included

As 28 days has now passed from the date of the 2nd letter you are now in breach of your duties under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act. If you do not answer my original questions and reply within 7 days I will have no choice but to escalate the matter to the relevant authorities including the Banking Ombudsman, Office of Fair Trading and the Information Commissioner's Office.

whats my next steps here?

thanks

No probs. use the template letters, you will see it mentions default removal. It's in red - you can't miss it.

Make sure that you mention the default removal on every communication with them including the Court Summons.

Good Luck!

I will do this as well when I make my claim. They issued a default v me becasue 1 DD was returned!

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06