Threat of Eviction - Lakehouse morgages and Shoosmiths

iconoclash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Who are Mortgage Title Resolutions Ltd?

apparently they are now collecting my mortgage payments

- already been arguing this crap with Oakwood for years

- sold it on again and added hiked up costs

- transferred a balance I dont recognise and still failed to refund costs as identified by FSA fines of GMAC

- can I insist that this is a GMAC product and I will only deal with them?

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi - it seems that MTR are in fact a subsidiary of CROWN MANGEMENT LTD - they in turn have a whole tranche of mortgages in a pool called Farringdon, I think? - another SPV deal - I'm gonna research further as I do believe they are breaking their own rules - will post up what i mean soonest - does anyone know it it is legal to transfer a mortgage if you are still in dispute on several issues pls?

• 2 months later...

Hi - it seems that MTR are in fact a subsidiary of CROWN MANGEMENT LTD - they in turn have a whole tranche of mortgages in a pool called Farringdon, I think? - another SPV deal - I'm gonna research further as I do believe they are breaking their own rules - will post up what i mean soonest - does anyone know it it is legal to transfer a mortgage if you are still in dispute on several issues pls?

Have you had chance to do any research yet ?

Hi - yes, MTR are Crown Mortgage Management Ltd but I can find no record of them at the CMl or FSA ? They also seem to work under the name WEBB and all registered at 35 Gt. St. Helens, London, EC3A 6AP - their main activity being servicing of conforming and non-conforming residential mortages - looking out for the note holders et al but not the customer who pays their wages!! Does anyone know where we 'consumers' are these days with regulated products being sold into non-regulated environs? - I am having a hell of a time with these guys right now and they dont even want to admit who they really are - how do they get away with it? If you work from a given address surely the rules are that you should show your company registration and directors on your letterhead?! arrgh

I'm in a similar position to you regarding MTR. I have googled their name and telephone number without finding anything, their address returns with details of Webb Resolutions.

At the bottom of their letterheads it says in the small print"This mortgage is being serviced by Crown Mortgage Management Limited registered by the Financial Services Authority (FSA Registration Number - 306235).

Does this mean Crown are registered but MTR aren't???

Hi - yes it does, but, I think it will trun out that MTR are some sort of subsidiary of Crown and get around it that way - if they are an independant separate registered company then I would have thought they need their own licences etc and registration, but as we are finding no info on them it sort ofpoints to them being an underling of crown, I will ring companies house tomorrow about them. Also, had a long conversation with these guys, who suggested that some customers 'make up' disputes in order to delay action against themselves, to delay being repossessed!! - can you believe the audacity of these companies who are working to make profit out of us at any cost.

Edited by iconoclash
more info

I’ve enquired with companies’ house and it appears they are totally different companies.

MORTGAGE TITLE RESOLUTIONS LIMITED

35 GREAT ST HELEN'S

LONDON

EC3A 6AP

Company No. 06644685

Previous Names:

Date of change

Previous Name

14/07/2008

MORTGAGE TITLE RESOLUTION LIMITED

CROWN MORTGAGE MANAGEMENT LIMITED

CROWN HOUSE

CROWN STREET

IPSWICH

SUFFOLK

IP1 3HS

Company No. 00912411

Previous Names:

Date of change

Previous Name

01/06/1995

GRE MORTGAGES LIMITED

11/11/1999

GUARDIAN MORTGAGE SERVICES LIMITED

08/06/1988

TRINCO DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED

Hi - well I dont get it -if MTR are totally separate then arethey just admin guys for Crown then ? a collecting service I presume, which leads me to question who is noted on the deeds now? and if they are not on the deeds I am guessing they have no right to the money! at least not without proving it to me - calling legals bods for help here!

I also note that within my own SAR data, there are references to 'Buy to Let' - since we are not BTL and never have been i need to investigate if there is some 'advantage' for the lender/servicing co. in describing (incorrectly) as a buy to let - why change this info in the files years after the mortgage started - i dont beleieve it is just an error - perhaps to do with the certificate of title requirements. will get back later on this but i think theres something about the property having to be soley for use as your own private residence - hmm.

anyone else have anything to add please feel free - lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi - I want to fully understand the judges intent on a suspended repo order on my property and consider taking it back into court because, the order says that pos. is given to the claimant on terms that I pay the instalments plus £50 towards arrears, then money judgment for legal costs to them to be added to the security.

Right, so the claimant took me into court with an inflated arrears balance to include charges etc, but i was unable to challenge at the time, so i got done - there is no actual figure as to what the arrears are, which i thought they needed?? - it seems totally open-ended. Few months later the claimant capitalised said arrears so I was totally up to date. Later again, after redundancy, I got into small amount of arrears: so, does the original order now apply to these current arrears as the previous case was very specific to the claimants original action. Since then product transferred again to new third party administrator. Please??

• 3 months later...

Hi

I know it is November and the last post to this is March. Has anybody got any new information about these clowns. I lost my house to these people,the more I look into it the more dodgy information i find.

• 2 years later...

- I am in this boat right now with my lender going for eviction

after raising the arrears money needed

they raised it by another £10k with extra fees and charges

now cannot meet that demand - great - just what I need, not,

to send them every penny I have and still be evicted.!

If you have cleared your arrears they cannot evict you.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi - well i am waiting for funds that my solicitor has confirmed to the lender are en-route (any day now) and we can settle it all.

But they now say that if I had to borrow that means I cannot afford my mortgage

and, anyway, "we are asking for all the fees and charges and thats now £150k+".

Before this the arrears were about 4.5, that is two days ago.

I have had some letters from Shoosmiths that say I should ring their client and not them,

and notices to tenants at my house when there arent any tenants.

Not sure what the heck is going on and why they wont wait for the funding.

They have been kept informed about a medical case ongoing that will settle things for the longterm future

but they wont accept this either so really frustrated with this outfit.

They can only evict you for arrears on contractual monthly payments, not fees and charges. If you pay off all the arrears (missed monthly payments) they cannot evict you.

The fees and charges should be added to the outstanding balance of the mortgage and additional monthly interest will be charged as the outstanding balance has increased.

If you are able to pay off the missed payments then do so and wait and see if they try to take you to court for the charges.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell-enn -

thank you so much for making things clear as I have been so miserable.

Should I start a thread of my own as I am still wondering about what's coming next

- the old suspended repo order on my house has been updated by this lot

and this is what they are now using against me

but, as that order says I should pay my instalment plus £50 on top,

I haven't paid that and now have arrears again.

The original arrears for that order to another company were capitalised after the court case 5 years ago

and I only went into arrears again last year temporarily, then cleared off, and again this year, to be cleared off soon.

All seems a bit odd to me, using another company's repo order that was granted under different circumstances etc to others,

but this business of selling your mortgage every damn year to someone else and not having to use the pre-action protocols now, is infuriating.

• 1 month later...

Hi - an update on this.

I had a community solicitor with me and she was excellent.

he made it clear to the judge what was available to pay and what would be paid going forward

and I had all the evidence for that, plus a statement from another solicitor who had been writing to my lender,

Lakehouse Mortgaes Limited,

with copy cheques that were just waiting to clear,

the judge thought it very odd that they were still insisting on trying to evict me.

The e.o. was cancelled and the monies to pay written into an order that settled things.

The judge also wanted to know from Miss Gould (representative for Lakehouse, or Shoosmiths: not sure which)

why she was reading out a statement from the Financial Ombudsman, that was alleged to be from a telephone conversation with them,

but could not show anything in writing from the FOS, and the judge said that was strange.

I think he could see that they were inventing that, it certainly looked like it.

Miss Gould kept on going on about my payment record for several years right back to the first court order

and wanted to spend hours going over all my naughty little behaviours for not paying on time etc etc,

but the judge didn't want to know, it was so irrelevant,

I had the means to clear all the arrears and to pay going forward and that satisfied the relevant sections of the Act.

Phew.

Well done :) you must be very relieved.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just updating this as this lender/servicer just will not let it rest - they have now come up with this idea that I owe insurance following my purchase of a policy of my own. The lenders insurance is always higher than necessary and attracts interest, and I thought that the regulatory bodies were looking into the cost of lenders insurance - anyway - during the time I have had my mortgage I have at times had my own buildings insurance and at other times, been on the lenders block cover. So now I am being told that my monthly payment was allegedly charged monthly in arrears thus creating a missing month that I owe. Yet, I have not found any gap at the start anywhere, nor any written advice from the servicer/owner about this charging regime. There seems to be no regulation for this that I can find. I also see that the lender is using this situation to say that my account is in arrears, adding charges, and, threatening to evict me again.