Loan never defaulted

nattony14

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after some advice regarding a loan of my husbands from about 4 years ago. He took it out as one of those guarantor loans (which was his dad). Anyway, the loan was for approx 3K, and he fell behind with payments as he lost his job. His dad picked up the payments but then went bankrupt. He presumed that the debt died when this happened, but when we requested a copy of his credit report this week, the loan was still active.

The loan was taken out in October 2010. Payments were made until June 2011 and then thats when his dad picked them up. By Jan 2012, the payments were in arrears as he had gone bankrupt a couple of months before. Now, when he looked his credit report, i presumed that the loan would of been subject to a default notice and passed to a DCA. However, the loan has never defaulted, and is still classed as in arrears. My belief was that after 6 months of being in arrears, a default should made as it is unfair to leave the account in arrears. there have never been any letters to my husband ( his parents still live at the address where the debt is registered).

Am i right in thinking it should be under deafult? or are lenders allowed to leave an account in arrears for 30+ months.

All advice greatfully received :wink:

thanks for your reply, i did feel as though it was too long. I had arrears myself a few years back with several companies and all were defaulted within a year. Do you have any idea how we would go about sorting this? Is it possible to ask for the loan to be defaulted and backdated?