style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i work as a contractor for a top TV/Broadband company , as part of my job i install tv telephone and broadband . For about 3 years my employers have paid me an extra £7 a job

to help the customer set up an email address which then open the broadband to the web.

I then check the speed is ok and all wireless devices work . Today i received a letter saying as from 1/08/2014 (tommorrow) they no longer require a speed test so will no longer be paying the £7 but i still need to do the rest as part of my job. In short i had a 20 percent paycut by post with under 24 hours notice i feel this cant be legal

MRRJ

Weird they pay an extra £7 to begin with... are you paid per job or a salary or what?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

the reason they started paying an extra £7 per job is so the customer has working broadband when we leave before we just installed the modem and the customer

did the set up . And yes we are payed per job.

So the theory would be it's faster, so you can take more jobs on.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

No they still want us to do the whole settup but dont require us to do a speedtest which is a thirty second job. It is know as fully managed , the install of the modem is one price fully managed is another. So doing 95 percent of fully managed but unpaid.