Cabot/Restons Claimform - 2002 Aqua card ***Claim Discontinued***

suefree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys Just another quick update,

I have received a letter to say that they are sending a notice to the court that the claim against me has been discontinued.

Thank you so much for helping,

going to make another quick donation right now as I could not have done this without this boards help.

Cheers and thank you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent Sue......

Dont you just love it when Pestons have to discontinue :wink:

Let me know when you recieve and have validated it with the court and I will amend you thread title to reflect same.

Well done

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hey great news

another bloodied nose for them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey thanks Andy and dx

Couldnt have done it without you, and

feels good to get a letter like that instead of a demanding one.

Andy the letter arrived 2 weeks ago but I have been away with work and just got back,

I havent had any notification from the court yet,

however I went in and checked on the MCOL and it says on their Claim has been discontinued.

Is it worth me giving the court a quick bell to confrim?

Also just had a nice email from the admin of this site telling me what my donation will go towards,

how it will help and thanking for the donation, thats a nice touch.

Edited by suefree
Space

theres no harm in checking with the court...

wasn't aware the MCOL carried the disc'd update?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes MCOL does now show a status of Discontinued.....no need to check then,

Thread title amended:wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

justout of interest, did the DCA or he solicitors apply any prejudicial info on your credit reference file?

What I am interested in knowing is if a case like this is discontinued\dismissed etc and there is info on the credit files, can either an application or an entry in the POC stating that this prejudicial information markers etc must be removed?

Well done, by the way!!!

justout of interest, did the DCA or he solicitors apply any prejudicial info on your credit reference file?

What I am interested in knowing is if a case like this is discontinued\dismissed etc and there is info on the credit files, can either an application or an entry in the POC stating that this prejudicial information markers etc must be removed?

Well done, by the way!!!

I think I understand what you are asking....and No court claims that are discontinued have no bearing on Credit Files....unless the claim was issued in error and its a case of false identity and fraud.

• 5 years later...

Hi all

Hope you are all well and as you helped me no end last time, thought I would bend your ear again, and ask for some advice.

I was going to post on my original thread from 6 years ago but looks like I need to start a new one, here is the link to the old one.

Long story short, Cabot tried to get a CCJ from me in 2014, they didnt reply to my request of the CCA and the case was eventually dismissed.

I heard from cabot once then the following year saying they were still trying to get the info I asked for.

I of course then was in no rush lol.

However last week at my new address that I have lived in for the past 2 years, I received a letter from Cabot after 5 years saying my debt was past to Resolve Call who would be in touch, today I have had a letter from resolve call saying they will be calling to see me in 7 days?

Should I get in touch with Resolve Call and tell them the history, surely now, wouldn't this debt be Stated Barred?

Last payment was december 10th 2008 and the only contact with them was when I asked for my CCA in 2014.

I know they do call as Ive checked on some reviews of them, and it doesn't seem to matter to them about the covid restrictions as latest review I read they called to somebody's place only yesterday.

Any advice would be great and of course I will be making a donation.

simply send cabot our SB letter.

you should not be moving without telling creditors

regardless to there being or not any court case.

esp so as cabot will try a backdoor CCJ again on this

you are lucky they didn't..

and they

Hi dx

I was unaware I had to do that, after not hearing anything for over 5 years I thought (obviously incorrectly) that was it, they no longer were going to stay in touch, didnt know I had to tell them where to find me.

I will send them the SB letter tomorrow.

I thought this was all over with, just goes to show they never let it drop.

Thanks for the advice, wasnt sure if it was too late to write to Cabot and say Im still waiting on the CCA.

or SB so Ill do SB.

I def dont want to go down the ccj route again with this, I didnt realise they can do it twice. cheers ill pop a donation on.

belt and braces doesn't hurt with all DCA's on any debt that you last used or paid toward in say 7yrs.

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update and a question please?

Sent the SB letter to Cabot over two weeks ago, I havent heard anything back from them as yet.  I have looked a little deeper into SB and there is a piece saying that if the debt has ever had a CCJ started against it, then it can never be SB.

Originally Cabot tried to get a CCJ in 2013 but it was discontinued as they couldnt provide the information they had to, to be able to continue with the claim, would the fact that they even tried invalidate my SB claim.

Thanks for your thoughts.

if the claim was disc'd then sb would have resumed as if there was never a claim issued.

there is no remit for a DCA to reply to the SB letter.

and they

Cabot are scraping the barrel trying to raise funds by deception! it is well SBd now  time we took over FCA regulation and issue heavy fines on directors for mis use of justice system (incl some judges)

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks both,  good to know about the SB.

As soon as I finished typing the first post this morning, went to a meeting and when I got back 2 missed calls on my phone both from Resolve Call, so Cabot obviously havent told them to suspend trying to get hold of me?  Just have to sit tight and see what happens next.

Resolve call  (old  Snot call opps Scotcall) no powers do not engage any conversation tell them if ever they send a local tally man begging to talk to you (no powers), tell them to shut the gate on the way out, they will try and leave a calling card begging you to call an office number - he then gets a calling fee.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

Just a couple of updates, I received a letter back from Cabot a couple of weeks after I sent a reply to them saying I thouught it was now SB, saying they had placed the account on hold pending investigation, that was end of September.

Today I have received a full reply from them, stating the debt is not SB and never will be due to legal proceedings that were issued regardeless of the fact that the claim was discontinued, however as the claim was defended and they were unable to fulfil the defence by not providing the CCA they have made a decision to close the account with immeidate affect and I will not be contacted by Cabot or Resolve Call in the future.

Also in recognition of their incorrect contact to me after the discontinuation of the claim they would like to offer me £150 if I am willing to accept it? Was not expecting THAT to happen.

Im just more than happy that the account is now closed and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Cheers all

stating the debt is not SB and never will be due to legal proceedings that were issued regardeless of the fact that the claim was discontinued,

So they think if a claim is issued which stops the limitations clock...and they then discontinue the claim....the clock does not restart or in fact acts as if a claim was never issued in the first place......

You couldn't make it up could you....numpties.......enjoy your windfall sue and drink to Crabot.

Andy

Tell me about it, I had a feeling they were going to come back with that, and I would have taken it further had they not closed the account and kept trying for it lol

Im not sure I am going to take the money Andy they want my bank details, I dont know why but I dont trust them lol

Thanks for all the help

Provide them...they cant do anything with it except credit it...or inform them you would rather accept payment by cheque.