Hi, quick question re Lidl/Athena

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I re read boofie's letter (and the other one just in case) and can see no mention of CEL? Boofies letter seems to apply to me as it was also with Athena but, despite reading several posts on the subject I can't claim to fully understand the ins and outs. That's why I'm gratefully relying on guidance here. I explained the circumstances in my OP. I think it seems to apply. Am I mistaken? I'm confused!

Hi, I re read boofie's letter (and the other one just in case) and can see no mention of CEL? Boofies letter seems to apply to me as it was also with Athena but, despite reading several posts on the subject I can't claim to fully understand the ins and outs. That's why I'm gratefully relying on guidance here. I explained the circumstances in my OP. I think it seems to apply. Am I mistaken? I'm confused!

From your first letter;

Notwithstanding the above, should you refuse to cancel this parking charge due to your failure to invoke keeper liability, then this letter must be accepted also as a formal appeal. In this case a POPLA code must be supplied as per the British Parking Association's Code of Practice: which as Civil Enforcement is an AOS member and as part of your KADOE contract with the DVLA must abide by this Code in order to gain keeper details.

Is point one on boofies letter correct?

Hi, I must admit I don't understand that part of the letter or know what CEL is or whether it pertains to me or not. I just thought that it would since the letter is also to Athena.

Point 1 is correct. They have not identified the driver and I have not supplied that information.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I asked at POPLA and their official appeal is set for 24th Sept so still a little wait for that outcome. However customer services at Lidl have responded to an email I sent expressing my disgust for their current parking practices and with two recent receipts for £70-80 each attached saying that they will drop the charge and have contacted Athena to that effect, I just have to wait for the official reply from Athena. Time will tell but not sure if I should count my chickens on that one yet...

Many thanks for all who spent time helping me with this, it is really very much appreciated and it is amazing that there is support out there to help fight this kind of unscrupulous practice. Thanks!

Well I asked at POPLA and their official appeal is set for 24th Sept so still a little wait for that outcome. However customer services at Lidl have responded to an email I sent expressing my disgust for their current parking practices and with two recent receipts for £70-80 each attached saying that they will drop the charge and have contacted Athena to that effect, I just have to wait for the official reply from Athena. Time will tell but not sure if I should count my chickens on that one yet...

Many thanks for all who spent time helping me with this, it is really very much appreciated and it is amazing that there is support out there to help fight this kind of unscrupulous practice. Thanks!

You can count your chickens...

If Lidl, the principal, have said in writing that the charge will be cancelled, then Athena have no authority to pursue you...

And as ericsbrother has said, POPLA will have to be paid.

You will win at POPLA of course if the cancellation doesn't get there in time...

Better than a response I got with Lidl's a couple of years ago and like you do 90% of my shopping there. They replied, if my memory serves me right, saying that they have no connection/jurisdiction over Athena .... but thanks to this site and all the advice given won my case. Just recently sent off copy of receipt, husbands disabled badge along with copy of our car insurance ..... will let you know the outcome. Just love ericsbrother.

• 1 year later...