style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As always, hoping you can offer me some advice.

Had an IVA from 2005-2010, completed it in full and never missed a payment. Got my certificate of completion at the end, all good. Since then I have had a few successful CC's, again never missed a payment, top credit score of 999.

Took out a Barclays business account in 2011 as a sole trader, IVA posed no problem at all, never had a problem with any business account.

Converted sole trader to Ltd company recently and applied to Natwest for business account and after waiting over a month for my account, they tell me that because I had an IVA, they want proof that I have completed it. It's so long since finishing it that I can't find my completion certificate. Got an appointment to see Barclays next week and mentioned the IVA, they too want proof that I have completed it.

Nobody has brought up the IVA since I finished it, many have given me cards etc and my record if perfect.

What is the point of me completing my IVA like a good boy when Natwest are going to be so prejudice? I know I could ask for another copy of my completion certificate, but I feel like I am being punished for something which is both private and also unfair as I have completed it 3 years ago.

Where do people stand when they have completed their IVA's?

As always, hoping you can offer me some advice.

Had an IVA from 2005-2010, completed it in full and never missed a payment. Got my certificate of completion at the end, all good. Since then I have had a few successful CC's, again never missed a payment, top credit score of 999.

Took out a Barclays business account in 2011 as a sole trader, IVA posed no problem at all, never had a problem with any business account.

Converted sole trader to Ltd company recently and applied to Natwest for business account and after waiting over a month for my account, they tell me that because I had an IVA, they want proof that I have completed it. It's so long since finishing it that I can't find my completion certificate. Got an appointment to see Barclays next week and mentioned the IVA, they too want proof that I have completed it.

Nobody has brought up the IVA since I finished it, many have given me cards etc and my record if perfect.

What is the point of me completing my IVA like a good boy when Natwest are going to be so prejudice? I know I could ask for another copy of my completion certificate, but I feel like I am being punished for something which is both private and also unfair as I have completed it 3 years ago.

Where do people stand when they have completed their IVA's?

They aren't refusing : they just want to see the certificate of completion.

If they didn't could they not be accused of irresponsible lending / account control.

Seems that you dislike their caution, but the effect is that they seem "Damned if they do, damned if they don't"

I agree with what you are saying, but just find it weird how they know I had an IVA without me telling them, but they have no idea when it started/finished.

Again, I understand what you are saying, but the default date is when I started the IVA in Oct 2005, I kept up all the payments and completed in 2010, and then in 2011 when it was over the 6 year period, it no longer appeared on my credit file. When applying for CC's over the past 3 years there has never been any mention of my IVA. If the bank has access to my Credit file, then they would know that I must have successfully completed my IVA as there is no trace of any defaults on it. I am not applying for any credit, loans or overdrafts, just a standard business account, so surely all that should matter to them is that I am a financially solvent customer and if in the future I apply for credit then that's when my IVA could come into play even though it is Statute In Law?

• 4 weeks later...

This should have disappeared from your credit records long ago (and from what you have said that is in fact the case)

So how Nat West became aware of your IVA without you informing them is indeed puzzling.

Is it possible that any of the creditors from the IVA have links with Nat West?

You could try writing to them asking for details of all enquiries/sources of information they have used in considering your application, they are obliged to tell you.

Good luck

Nosnibor

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol: