Flexi Car hire is trying to scam me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers

On the 12th of this month I hired a van online from Flexi hire Burton on Trent,

it was to help my brother inlaw move house, so he paid online using his card.

On the day I went to collect it and went through the paper work and went over the vehicle

to spot all the dents and scratches etc.

The weather wasnt to great so some of the smallest chips of paint could of been coverd by rain drops.

When I returned it they spotted a chip and said that I must of done it as its not on the paperwork,

I know 100% whilst that van was in my possession it did not get hit or knocked etc.

The guy said he will be in touch with a quote.

When I got home I spoke to my inlaw and I told him to cancel his debit card and told him why.

Today the car hire people have called me saying I owe £115 for it,

to be honest the damage is the size of a ant. So I'm thinking hes trying it on.

Im waiting for him to call me back because I told him about the weather on that day

and was going to check.

Like I said there is no way I did the damage.

So if there is any advice what to do next?

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

How many chips and dings did you discover on the vehicle when you checked it over?

If you are able to say that the vehicle tended to be marked in several places then you are probably in a good position to say that the mark that they are claiming for was simply missed by the both of you.

Was it only you inspect the vehicle? Or did they inspect it as well? I have been to some car hire companies where they simply inspection and call the damage to their attention.

There were a few that myself and the hirer spotted, I said to him on the phone that we both could of missed it.

My inlaw has canceled his card so I'm sure that they cant take the money from his account, but now a bit worried they will come for me for it.

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

Get a photograph of the damage that they are claiming for.

Lay down a paper trail. Write them a letter which clearly denies any responsibility for any damage. Make it clear to them that while the car was with you that it sustained no damage whatsoever and that if there is a chip in the paint then it must have existed prior to your taking control of the vehicle and that it must have been missed during the inspection.

Tell them that you have cancelled the payment authority with your bank and that you revoke any authority that they have to take any money from your account.

Send them this letter and make sure you keep a copy. Wait and see what happens.

I havnt sent the letter yet, but just to let you know, the hire company have not phoned me back, so i am prusuming that it is the end of the matter

This has to be what you suspect. Do they really think a vehicle will go it's whole life without a single mark on it. This is wear and tear and you are right to cancel the payment card.

The paper trail detailed above is important, so follow that advice.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I know this post is over a year old but I recently rented a van with this same company and they have done the exact same thing to me, it seems they are [causing problems] lots of people as I have found other reviews saying the same. I have refused to pay for the "supposed" damage and they are now saying they are taking me to court. Can you contact me and let me know if they did ever get back to you. Thanks

If the car has several knocks the same as the "new" ones. Then you can bet that they are only trying to make money from it and not actually repairing the damage. They can't save up repair work on the car. They can only charge you when the work has been carried out, which they never bothered to do with the other damage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry took so long have been waiting for them to get in touch.

Since the last phone call they have not contacted me, they threatened to take me to court for the full £1500 excess unless I made a payment then and there over the phone,

they didn't send us any pictures or evidence of the "supposed" damage!!!

I obviously refused to pay that's when they threatened me.

I have reported them to trading standards.

Just waiting for them to get back in touch really?!? Not sure what to do next.

Ignore any phonecalls, tell them to communicate to you in writing only.

Then ignore them and return here if you get an N1 claim form

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 10 months later...

threads 2 yrs old

might be better to start a new thread

of your own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...