Can't cancel, still being charged by vodafone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My contract ended a few months ago and

I rang to cancel my account.

Unfortunately the rep on the phone insisted it hadn't and wouldn't under no circumstances cancel my account.

I had an 18 month contract and he insisted it was 24.

I got rather angry at the rep and I'm at a loss what to do.

One strange thing about my account,

from day 1 I had debt collectors ringing me pretty much as soon as I got my phone for someone I had never heard of.

My Sure Signal was registered to this same person using their postcode, even though I've never had or used Sure Signal.

Vodafone themselves have referred to this mysterious person before as well.

I can only assume I was given a recycled number and not all of the previous owners details removed.

Maybe that's why they wouldn't cancel?

Like I say I'm stumped, and a bit angry as I'm now being charged outside my contract even though I cancelled.

Hi, sorry you were missed.

Firstly, see if the VF rep we have here can help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2013**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Do you still have your contract? If not, you may need to SAR VF to get it. Apparently, they store documents off site and you may have to pester to get it.

I have seen on other threads where a customer has cancelled only to find that the' customer service bod' did nothing of the sort and to make it worse, made not notes on the computer making it very hard to reconcile what was said.

You may need to dig out your phone records to see when you called them to cancel. I bet their systems won't even show you made the call.

I have asked previously if a rep gets a bonus for getting a customer to stay with them with no response. Hmm!

Please check your credit file as well, VF are rapid in defaulting you so if they have done this demand its removal as well.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

It was a brand new contract online with a 3rd party website. I have never received a contract as far as I'm aware. I'm chasing the 3rd party with no luck as I could then go to a Vodafone shop with the print out.

Where do I stand if 3rd party say 18 months and VF 24?

• 10 months later...

I will never use Vodafone again. Totally useless at supplying me with a adequate phone service throughout my two years with them, then they made it a nightmare when I tried to end my contract at the end of it's term. They wouldn't accept that I wanted to switch my mobile phone supplier. It took me 3 months before they would cancel my account. During the three month's I destroyed and never used my sim card but they kept on trying to to charge me line rental. As I'm sure you could imagine I refused to pay any more than I was obliged to to these jokers. I started to receive threatening letters demanding three extra months line rental for a service I had tried multiple times to cancel. After 4 years of dispute they eventually decided to cancel the extra they were trying to charge me. I have just found out that they have since placed me on a credit blacklist for the amount I didn't owe. These people wreck life's. They are so nice and understanding but non committal on the phone then you get a letter telling you they don't want to play ball. Offices in South Africa and Egypt deal with your complaints and are very unprofessional. Never again!

I will never use Vodafone again. Totally useless at supplying me with a adequate phone service throughout my two years with them, then they made it a nightmare when I tried to end my contract at the end of it's term. They wouldn't accept that I wanted to switch my mobile phone supplier. It took me 3 months before they would cancel my account. During the three month's I destroyed and never used my sim card but they kept on trying to to charge me line rental. As I'm sure you could imagine I refused to pay any more than I was obliged to to these jokers. I started to receive threatening letters demanding three extra months line rental for a service I had tried multiple times to cancel. After 4 years of dispute they eventually decided to cancel the extra they were trying to charge me. I have just found out that they have since placed me on a credit blacklist for the amount I didn't owe. These people wreck life's. They are so nice and understanding but non committal on the phone then you get a letter telling you they don't want to play ball. Offices in South Africa and Egypt deal with your complaints and are very unprofessional. Never again!

If you start a new thread, we can highlight this to VF. They should never file a default whilst an account is being disputed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Jokekerr,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us.

If you'd like me to take a look at the credit file side of things, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "CAG Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK