• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mrs ICY took out a so called Flexxi loan in 2006,

such a horrible system they use,

knowing you will never pay the damn thing off,

its just another account on your online account credited with £5000 you pay £200 a month back (they take £75 for themselves every month from this)

the problem is the moneys always there and its always being used,

it is such an expensive loan to use but because of the £200 going out to repay it really leaves us short it a trap.

it was taken out in branch, when she went in they just asked if all circumstances were the same (she had been a customer for many years)

they mentioned nothing about PPI but not only do they take £75 a month for the pleasure

but they have also set up "load protection" at just under £17 a month, spreadsheet ready to be printed.

Her work contract covers her on full sick pay for up to 6 month so there is no way any sickness policy

would be needed and her job is extremely secure as she is responsible for funding so and would know a year in advance if her position were at risk.

:madgrin:

go get 'em

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, wonder if anyone could give this a quick once over and tell me if theres anything I should or shouldnt add before i send this off .

Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam

In 2006 I went to my local branch to make a regular loan application for £5000, while there I was told the best option for me would be a flexi loan, I signed up to this however the full facts of the account were not made clear to me, to my knowledge this would have been a loan that I would be reducing as I paid monthly. Had I been shown a number of product options, I would have seen the extortionate interest rate of the flexi loan in comparison to the regular HSBC personal loan, however I was only given information about the flexi loan.

This ‘Loan’ is still being used due to its extortionate high costs, I have no option other than to use the available balance each month, this account has been engineered knowing that customers would do this – seeing there is some money available to use, the original amount I requested as a loan has been repaid over and above many times over the years, If I had a traditional loan as I requested it would have been paid off a long time ago.

it is my belief that HSBC have come up with this horrendous (and extremely expensive) product knowing that people will continue to use it much longer than the period they want to, whereas were you to offer the loan that was really needed you wouldn’t be able to profiteer for many years. It is on these grounds that I believe HSBC have missold this product, I did not want an constant ongoing commitment, I asked for a conventional loan and at the time I didn’t realise what a flexxiloan really was, using the term loan is actually miss leading.

I am currently paying £200 every month with £70 of that interest were this amount to be paid off every month on a traditional loan for the £5000 that I requested then it would be paid fairly quickly, we are now 7 years down the line and I am still no better off. At the time of the loan application, I had an excellent credit score and so do not believe that I should have been offered a product with such a high interest rate, when I would have qualified for a conventional loan with a low interest rate and low monthly repayments.

I have paid a total of over 17,000 over the term of this ‘loan’ with £840 a year just in interest alone and as I have had the ‘loan’ for over 7 years that’s a total of £5880 in interest alone this is more than the actual loan I requested, I could have gone to high interest backstreet loan companies and got a traditional loan for less than this. I would have expected a reputable high street bank to behave with some morals and not take advantage of people.

On your website using your loan calculator a £5000 loan would take 27 months to pay off if paying £201.27 , at 60 months it would cost £99.61 per month

Your website also shows that at current terms loans have an APR of 5.9% APR whereas Flexiloan has an APR of 17.9% APR I would like an explanation as to why a customer comes to a branch for a loan and is sold a never ending account with a ridiculously high interest level,

I hereby request that this amount be transferred to a regular repayment loan, without an extortionate interest rate to enable me to be able to start repaying this loan in full as this account is causing me financial hardship..

SORRY WRONG FORUM dont know why its in business section - ADMIN PLEASE MOVE TO THE RIGHT FORUM FOR ME :roll:

Thread moved :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 year later...

We have a flexiloan account with HSBC, this account is about 8 year old and still live

On the current account there is a monthly payment gos out called something like account protection, this isnt applied to the loan account. We realised that this is an insurance policy which relates to the FlexiLoan account.

At the time of accepting the loan this policy was never mentioned, nor where any benefits.

Wrote to HSBC and sent a cq with all the information last week received a phone call asking everything that was previously submitted in the cq

Just received a without prejudice reply from HSBC as follows

Dear XX

I am writing further to our previous correspondance about Payment Protection Insrance. This matter has been reviewed by our Wealth Complaints team in accordance witht he requirements by the Financial Conduct Authority.

I regret that you have found it necessary to complain about your Flexi Loan Protection Plan, Your concerns, as I understand them, are that you believe you were misold the above plan for the reasons outlined in your recent complaint.

Having taken the opportunity to review the records we hold in relation to this matter, I regret that I am unable to support your complaint. I will now explain the reasons behind my decision.

Our records show that in Feb XX you applied for an unsecured Flexi Loan and a loan facility was agreed as a result. Your Flexi Loan facility also included the optional Flexi Loan Protection Plan, which is designed to repay your monthly loan payments in the event of your sickness, accident or redundancy. the plan would also cover the outstanding balance of your loan facility in the unfortunate event of your death.

The policy Document and Product Information Pack explained how the policy worked together with the claims procedure and the exclusions that applied. The Policy Document confirmed that you had a period of time in which you had the right to cancel the Flexi Loan Protection Plan. [We keep all banking records and can not find any such document in the files]

You have confirmed that you had sick cover from your employer. The Flexi Loan Protection Plan provides full 12 months cover for sickness, accident and unemployment. On the basis of the information provided you did not have sufficient alternative cover and therefore the Flexi Loan Protection Plan was suitable. [employment contract covers the first 6 months full pay then SSP, also family would have paid the loan had there been any problem should it be necessary]

I would also point out that premiums paid in respect of the plan have appeared on you bank statements where there has been an outstanding balance, throughout the period your policy has been in force. [yes the payments were coming out of a different bank account each month]

Therefore, I consider adequate steps were taken to ensure you were aware that you had payment protection insurance on your Flexi Loan and to advise you of the main product features. I am therefore unable to agree to a refund of premiums.

In your initial complaint you have not asked for your Flexi Loan Protection Plan to be cancelled. Should you wish to cancel it, please confirm this in writing to HSBC.....

I realise that you may be disappointed with my decision but I hope that this letter has been helpful in explaining the reasons for it, and that I have been able to respond to your concerns satisfactorily. However if you have any further information or evidence that you feel is relevant then please forward it for my consideration.

Please note that this is our Final Decision Letter and I am obliged to inform you that if you remain unsatisfied you have the right to refer this matter to FOS ..

Hi ICY

Have you got copies of the documents? Have you sent them a SAR request?

Have you got a copy of the loan agreement?

Basically you are saying you didn't ask for it, they just added it onto the loan. In their response they are talking about 'cancelling the PPI' which doesn't address your complaint, it seems like a conveinent excuse. They are saying the PPI payments were deducted from your current account.

Hi ICY

Send them a SAR request, they have 40 days to respond, it will cost you £10. Once you get the documentation, tell us what it says on the loan agreement, etc.

Build you case to lodge a complaint with the FOS.

No we dont

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?424164-SabreSheep-Vs-HSBC-*FlexiLoan-PPI*&p=4531574#post4531574

Here is my soggy saga

Im at the point of requesting them to recalculate to factor in the impact the charges had on my overdraft and also the FOS have my file and are waiting on HSBC to respond to my offer rejection.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

In response to the points they have sent,

they have admitted that Flexi loan was taken out in Feb 06,

they have also stated that the Flexi Loan account included the optional insurance,

this was not explained at the time, the benefits were not explained,

they claim that this information is in the policy document and product information pack, which we do not have,

no assessment was made at the time as to whether this policy was suitable or not,

or what procedures were in place from employer in the event of sickness etc,

the employment contract covers full pay for the first 6 months, and after that SSP, if there had been a problem after this,

family would have helped out to make sure things were paid until things got back to normal,

HSBC believe that this wasn't sufficient cover, the employment position is a senior management role,

and carried funding responsibilities for the organisation, which are always awarded a year ahead,

so had there become a funding issue putting the organisation at risk or employment at risk my wife

would have been the first person to know about it, and would have had a year to source alternative funding,

or look for alternative employment, redundancy would not suddenly appear,

this contract was in place at the time of agreeing the Flexi Loan,

had the Protection Plan been explained along with its benefits etc

then it would have been instantly apparent that this would be much use.

The letter I have states that sufficient cover was not in place and therefor the Loan Protection Plan was suitable,

this insinuates that there was a mandatory requirement to have such cover in place, which as far as I can see is not the case.

They also use the defense that the premiums have appeared on the bank statement, throughout the period this has been in force,

and while its true that there were regular monthly payments in place, they came out of a current account not the Flexi Loan account,

its only when looking through the bank statement that figured out what "Loan Protection" on the statement was for,

underneath this was a reference number, finally figured out that this was the sortcode and account number for the Flexi Loan,

I have just discovered a copy of a SAR request that was sent in April 2013,

I have received nothing from this SAR, and have only just remembered it was sent,

unfortunately there isn't a recorded delivery receipt with this SAR request so wouldn't be able to prove they have received it

I am wondering if this is worth using the court route due to FOS delays,

I will write a response to the letter, and include a copy of the SAR and see if they respond to it.

Hi I have going around in circles trying to find this info out, is there anywhere to find the APR to include into spready

Its for HSBC Flexi Loan taken out Feb 06 and still open, I believe the current rate to be 17.9% but no idea what it was when the loan was taken out

The FOS should be next, get the SAR info, see what that throws up.

In response to the points they have sent, they have admitted that Flexi loan was taken out in Feb 06, they have also stated that the Flexi Loan account included the optional insurance, this was not explained at the time, the benefits were not explained, they claim that this information is in the policy document and product information pack, which we do not have, no assessment was made at the time as to whether this policy was suitable or not, or what procedures were in place from employer in the event of sickness etc, the employment contract covers full pay for the first 6 months, and after that SSP, if there had been a problem after this, family would have helped out to make sure things were paid until things got back to normal, HSBC believe that this wasn't sufficient cover, the employment position is a senior management role, and carried funding responsibilities for the organisation, which are always awarded a year ahead, so had there become a funding issue putting the organisation at risk or employment at risk my wife would have been the first person to know about it, and would have had a year to source alternative funding, or look for alternative employment, redundancy would not suddenly appear, this contract was in place at the time of agreeing the Flexi Loan, had the Protection Plan been explained along with its benefits etc then it would have been instantly apparent that this would be much use.

The letter I have states that sufficient cover was not in place and therefor the Loan Protection Plan was suitable, this insinuates that there was a mandatory requirement to have such cover in place, which as far as I can see is not the case.

They also use the defense that the premiums have appeared on the bank statement, throughout the period this has been in force, and while its true that there were regular monthly payments in place, they came out of a current account not the Flexi Loan account, its only when looking through the bank statement that figured out what "Loan Protection" on the statement was for, underneath this was a reference number, finally figured out that this was the sortcode and account number for the Flexi Loan, I have just discovered a copy of a SAR request that was sent in April 2013, I have received nothing from this SAR, and have only just remembered it was sent, unfortunately there isn't a recorded delivery receipt with this SAR request so wouldn't be able to prove they have received it

I am wondering if this is worth using the court route due to FOS delays, I will write a response to the letter, and include a copy of the SAR and see if they respond to it.

• 7 months later...

If using CC route do I include apr and then add 8% ??

I had left this dormant, however I think its time this was dealt with I sent a chase up letter to hsbc to see if they had changed their position and they still say that they stand by their original decision letter which i have hopefully attached

the very best way to calc it is to use the

This third spreadsheet is a calculator that will work out a fos based PPI award on a Revolving Credit Account such as a credit card. It will also work out the additional 8% interest awarded where the account moves into credit as a result of the removal of the PPI from the account. Be aware that you will need ALL of the account statements for this spreadsheet to give the correct result.

FosRunningPPI v102.xls

you should only get the 8% if the account is in credit

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

could you please attach those letters after you PDF them please

makes it easier to view them

and they

could you please attach those letters after you PDF them please

makes it easier to view them

I have tried but photobucket wont accept PDFs

Ok flexi loan hsbc. What they did with mine was charge the premiums monthly to my current account. As a result no apr was applied to the loan premiums on the loan account.

However as in my case the premiums were charged to an overdraft where interest was charged and also triggered indirectly overlimit charges etc .

Hope that helps

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I have tried but photobucket wont accept PDFs

photobucket?

click the box to the bottom right of these msg boxes

go advanced

then scroll down a bit

and you'll see manage attachments

click that and upload the PDF

and they

Ok flexi loan hsbc. What they did with mine was charge the premiums monthly to my current account. As a result no apr was applied to the loan premiums on the loan account.

However as in my case the premiums were charged to an overdraft where interest was charged and also triggered indirectly overlimit charges etc .

Hope that helps

Thanks, it is going to be a nightmare going through to see if the payments were taken whilst in overdraft

total bowlarks

the fact that you had it on every statement

and got sent policy docs etc etc

does not mean it was not mis-sold.

or you were not told it was compulsory

a very crap fob-off letter.

and they

total bowlarks

the fact that you had it on every statement

and got sent policy docs etc etc

does not mean it was not mis-sold.

or you were not told it was compulsory

a very crap fob-off letter.

We had no idea it had been included, it was only going through current account statements a few years later my wife was wondering what this payment was for

, it took a while to figure out that the 14 figure reference was actually the flexi loan sortcode and account number

I have attached the response to which they said get stuffed basically

FOS time then or off to court

dx

and they