Paypal threatening DCA action advice required

sam tyler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sold an item for £45 on ebay and posted this by courier with full online tracking.

The couriers own website states the item was delivered but the buyer stated he has't had it.

He opened a claim and ebay being ebay found in his favour despite the online tracking.

They have now put my paypal account in -£45 and stated that unless I add funds its time for the usual round of debt collection.

Having never had any experience of ebay/paypal going wrong is this amount actually enforceable and is there any history of court action from these guys?

I have taken screenshots showing that the item was delivered to the buyer as a possible future defence and ensure that Paypal have no access to my credit card or bank account.

I'm just wondering if this is actually worth the fight as I'm guessing all manner of fees will be added to the debt.

What do you guys think?

Don't worry about paypal's threats. I have had a large negative balance (over 4 figures!) for over 7 months. I get the odd email and letter, but nothing ever happens.

I just stopped using the account, and opened another account with a different email address. You can't add the same bank account to the new paypal account, so I sell stuff and use the paypal balance to purchase things. You can use the same debit/credit card to make 'guest' purchases tho.

Hello Sam

If you have an otherwise good credit history, you should check your CRA files as ebay/paypal could mess it up, causing you all sort of difficulties, eg obtaining new mobile contracts.

Regardless of this I would write a letter to ebay / paypal. Make it comprehensive but concise, don't rant or rave: that way you'll stand more chance of it being read than binned. Head it Formal Complaint, then they are obliged to respond, failing which you can escalate matters.

Don't let ebay/paypal fob you off, saying you must communicate with the DCA now. That's tripe. Is the DCA Akinika? They're tripe too . . . but that's another story.

It's not yet at the stage of a DCA only Paypal threatening to go that way if I don't add £45. I imagine this amount will however increase with charges etc.. but it annoys me that they just will not accept anything evidence from sellers over the word of a buyer. I have heard many horror stories but always thought surely it can't be that bad but being told that online tracking which states item delivered is insufficient when a buyer makes a claim is quite honestly beyond belief and I don't see why I should have to add funds when Paypal choose to refund the buyer. I was just wondering what kind of a fight I'm in for. My credit history is stuffed anyway thanks to an unenforceable credit agreement so noting more to lose there I suppose.

I've been looking online but can't find any evidence of actual court action anywhere so it might just be down to dealing with DCA's which I have no problem in doing.

...If you have an otherwise good credit history, you should check your CRA files as ebay/paypal could mess it up...

Stop worrying, ebay/paypal can't report anything to your credit file.

I have searched but haven't found any court cases involving ebay or paypal where they are the claimant. Does that mean that they don't take people to court ? It looks that way.

I recently sold an item for £45 on ebay and posted this by courier with full online tracking.

The couriers own website states the item was delivered but the buyer stated he has't had it.

QUOTE]

If your online tracking shows as delivered you should appeal ebays decision.

There may be an appeal button in the case details within the resolution centre.

If this is not there then contact CS via live chat and appeal their decision that way.

Also, report the buyer for misuse of the ebay MBG (money back guarantee)

Once ebay see the tracking shows delivery the will refund your money returning your paypal balance back to a positive.