damage to car due to lorry driver

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I turned down a side road to get near my local supermarket, (its the only way to get to the entrance) but a lorry was parked up, i thought it was making a delivery so i gave a good 15 mins for driver to come out and move.

But nothing, then i call the shop as it was up the road, to ask the to ask the driver how long he will be as at this point there was 4 cars behind me and it was causing traffic on the main street, the lorry was already parked up on the pavement and out of the loading bay due to the width, then a guy who had been hanging around the truck appeared telling me the truck had been there an hour, and was delving i told them it does not take an hour to delver furniture,the guy then says look you gonna have to go on the pavement (not easy to do with ballads on the edge)

I then called the store again who informed me that they could not get hold of the driver, i personally feel this guy was the driver as a few residents had contacted me telling me he was the driver just pulled up on side road to have lunch, i then had to kerb the car causing damage to the alloy and wheel, I went to the shop up the road and ask the manager why the driver had not moved and caused traffic, he commented saying look if he there an hour to deliver then thats how long it takes, i made it clear that residents had told me about the driver just eating his lunch and that he was just on break! and that i had to kerb my car as he refused to move.

I have a camera fitted in the car and have video evidence to show the driver obstructed the road and pavement and where i had to kerb the pavement causing damage to my car. I not to bothered about the alloy i just wanted an apology for it, I'm livid how i was treated by the store manager!

I turned down a side road to get near my local supermarket, (its the only way to get to the entrance) but a lorry was parked up, i thought it was making a delivery so i gave a good 15 mins for driver to come out and move.

But nothing, then i call the shop as it was up the road, to ask the to ask the driver how long he will be as at this point there was 4 cars behind me and it was causing traffic on the main street, the lorry was already parked up on the pavement and out of the loading bay due to the width, then a guy who had been hanging around the truck appeared telling me the truck had been there an hour, and was delving i told them it does not take an hour to delver furniture,the guy then says look you gonna have to go on the pavement (not easy to do with ballads on the edge)

I then called the store again who informed me that they could not get hold of the driver, i personally feel this guy was the driver as a few residents had contacted me telling me he was the driver just pulled up on side road to have lunch, i then had to kerb the car causing damage to the alloy and wheel, I went to the shop up the road and ask the manager why the driver had not moved and caused traffic, he commented saying look if he there an hour to deliver then thats how long it takes, i made it clear that residents had told me about the driver just eating his lunch and that he was just on break! and that i had to kerb my car as he refused to move.

I have a camera fitted in the car and have video evidence to show the driver obstructed the road and pavement and where i had to kerb the pavement causing damage to my car. I not to bothered about the alloy i just wanted an apology for it, I'm livid how i was treated by the store manager!

You might get an apology for him causing an obstruction but he didn't damage your alloys, nor is the lorry driver responsible for the damage.

If the lorry was stationary, you alone are responsible for the damage. If you couldn't have got through safely, you shouldn't have tried.

I had no option due to traffic I already called police who said nothing they can do, but clear camera evidence of the obstruction he caused, was told to call council, did who told me it was a police matter! Traffic was backing up and I had no choice

I had no option due to traffic I already called police who said nothing they can do, but clear camera evidence of the obstruction he caused, was told to call council, did who told me it was a police matter! Traffic was backing up and I had no choice

Walk to rear car in queue.

Explain lorry blocking road & to try to get through will damage your car (& in turn, theirs)

Assist them to turn around or reverse back.

Repeat with each car that then becomes "rear car in queue "

So, you "had no option "?

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think the blame should be with the Ballads. These pesky, thoughtful and sometimes powerful little dittys are just too much trouble.

In my experience Bollards are much quieter.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.