Parking Ticket in Loading Bay while loading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Today I received a parking ticket for being in a loading bay and the officer didn't see any activity for 20 minutes. I was away from my van, delivering to my place of work. I was asked to wait for some goods so I did. I was away from the van for no more than 25 minutes. When I returned, I had a ticket. I was using the bay for the correct purpose. I have done for the last 3 years and never had a ticket before.

I want to appeal but don't know if it's worth it. I have to pay the fine myself so don't want to pay the full amount.

I checked the loading 'bay' and found that the road markings saying 'loading bay' are no longer legible on the road as they have virtually worn away. The sign simply says 'loading only', but doesn't specify a time limit. It is my understanding that the road markings have to be clearly visible. They aren't.

Do I have a case? Has anyone contested a similar fine?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Louise

If you were away from the van for 25 minutes then the van wasn't actually being loaded during that period so the contravention is correct. You are given enough time to load/unload and get the goods to/from the premises and to check any paperwork, waiting 20 minutes waiting for the goods to be prepared is I suspectstretching the definition of 'loading'.

I suspected this was the case. However, as the bay isn't clearly marked (the words 'LOADING BAY' are worn away), could I appeal on these grounds?

Thanks

I suspected this was the case. However, as the bay isn't clearly marked (the words 'LOADING BAY' are worn away), could I appeal on these grounds?

Thanks

You can appeal on any grounds you like and if you do it within 14 days it will cost you no more, if you want to know if you will win thats impossible to say.