PCN Letter Not recieved

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone offer advice please:

I received a PCN Charge Certificate on 25/7/14, but the letter is dated 18/7/14.

I have not received any previous communication.

I sent an immediate email stating I had not received the original charge notice allowing me 28 days to appeal or 14 days to pay the discounted amounted. i requested they re-issue the original notice giving me my right of appeal and right to pay at the discounted amount.

I received a standard response stating they have checked camera evidence (i didn't appeal it or ask them to) and are satisfied the PCN was given correctly. ( I didn't state any objections to the Notice in my email, only that I had not received any previous communication.)

The letter also states the letter was posted to me first class and not returned undelivered. Unless the contrary is proved! How can I prove I didn't get sent a letter!!!??

Surely they must prove that the letter was delivered?

Can anyone offer advice as the letter also states that the since they sent this Charge Certificate I have 14 days to pay the amount of £195, and that at this stage the council do not have to consider any further representations that are received and it is now too late to appeal to the Traffic Adjudicator.

Can anyone offer any advice?

many thanks

DEC

Wait for the Order for Recovery and then make a Witness Statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. details how to do this will come with the OfR.

This will reset the pcn to the Notice to Owner stage (ie £130) which you can appeal against.

What was the contravention?

Thanks Michael. It was for entering & stopping in a box junction.

I don't remember the incident, haven't had a point or fine in 22 years, but the photos do make convincing evidence. Not sure how reliable they are.

At this stage I just want the option of appealing or paying the discounted rate. (which incidentally is bloody expensive for a 2 rear wheel stop inside the box!) Am a bit of a novice at this, but on the photos are time, dates and speed. There is few second difference in what the camera and photo stills say the time is but otherwise without a video there isn't much I can argue. I read on other forums that it would cost £10 to get a video. unfortunately i haven't been given time for this right of appeal.

thanks for the advice.

DEC