Jump to content

Dispute over pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help.


Early on this year, I worked for the NHS for just over one month before handing in my correct notice to leave for another job.


Since then, I have received letters from the NHS claiming that I owe them money, for hours worked/hours paid.

On looking at the figures they supplied, it transpired the opposite was in fact correct, the NHS owed me money along with some travelling expenses incurred while in training.


I have contacted the NHS department in question and told them that I dispute the claim they have made, I was assured that they were looking into the matter.


However this morning I received another letter from them, this time stating that they may "Exercise their statutory rights to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs"


I have phoned them again today and spoken to the people concerned, however this time, I wish to back it up with a formal letter that tells them that this payment is under dispute, I have the money to settle the dispute if it come out in their favour. However until this is reached I would like them to stop with the letters threatening action. I have a house and mortgage and do not wish to have any form of credit action on my file.


What areas of law am I covered by if they disregard the letter and continue to ask for payment which is disputed? I find it quite distressing that they can continue to send these letter threatening action towards me, when I strongly believe I am correct and they owe me money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you put it in writing that you dispute this, any further action should stop. Tell them that until the dispute is resolved that you will consider contact of this type to be harassment. Ask for written confirmation that they are investigating the discrepancy:


Just keep everything in writing. I doubt court action would be taken once this is done, but if you keep a paper trail to prove you are dealing with it, you shouldn't have any problem. If you do, come back and tell us about it.


Stay off the phone!!


What's Best for You?



The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.


Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007



Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...