2 new defaults after almost 6 years?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So after a routine check of my credit file this morning I found 2 new entries from motor mile finance, extremely surprised as I have been regularly checking my credit file for the last 6 years. They are supposedly 2 defaults from 2008, I have no idea who this company is or have I ever received any correspondence from them. I cleared all my debt in 2009 and worked on rebuilding my credit, I got a mortgage in 2012 and now have a good credit score. I contacted Experian to query this and await a response. Both entries are listed on the same day in 2008 but I have absolutely no idea what they are for or have ever heard of this company. What do I do? Experian say the defaults will be removed next month but where does this leave me?

Hi

Unfortunately, MMF seem to think they have carte blanche to do what they like with credit records. Why they have added these defaults to your file is unknown.

Creditors have a duty to keep data records up to date so there may be a possibility that the original creditor defaulted you but failed to record it on your file so MMF have now done so. If you negotiated a Full and Final settlement with any of your creditors without getting confirmation that the remaining amount is not passed on, this may explain why.

It may be an error and MMF have recorded the data on your name rather than the real debtor.

The bigger question is: Do you really want to bother with this as the default will fall off next month. If you need to get more credit in the next month then it will be a problem but if not, then let it go.

You can write to MMF and demand an explanation but don't expect a sensible answer. This company come across as bully boys.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The default is due to fall off on the 7th august so not long, I have never received any letters or calls from them so after this date am I right in thinking not to worry about anything?

Only another 10 days then, Once they have fallen off, it should be as if nothing has happened.

As you have contacted Experian, they should give some response. To be on the safe side, you would be wise to check the other CRAs as well just to make sure the dates are the same.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Ojo!!! (OR Watch Out)

MMF can and WILL mess about with things they are not supposed to... So it makes me wonder if itll be on longer than just "10 Days"

Watch your credit file... Lets see what happens...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 1 month later...

so the defaults have dropped off my credit file as expected however...they have now written to me saying I owe them 2 separate amounts. Surely as now the defaults have passed the are statue barred? Also I have no idea where they've come from.

Do I ignore or should I send them a statue barred letter?

You could do either. With MMF, you could quite easily ignore them but they are quite determined to get their pound of flesh so to stop them you could send an SB letter. No doubt when you do, they will write back saying it isn't but don't supply the necessary proof.

If you ceased payment prior to the time the default was registered originally in 2008, then I would think that the debts are statute barred.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So after a routine check of my credit file this morning I found 2 new entries from motor mile finance, extremely surprised as I have been regularly checking my credit file for the last 6 years. They are supposedly 2 defaults from 2008, I have no idea who this company is or have I ever received any correspondence from them. I cleared all my debt in 2009 and worked on rebuilding my credit, I got a mortgage in 2012 and now have a good credit score. I contacted Experian to query this and await a response. Both entries are listed on the same day in 2008 but I have absolutely no idea what they are for or have ever heard of this company. What do I do? Experian say the defaults will be removed next month but where does this leave me?

In the credit file entry there is usually an explanation as to who the original creditor is or the type of account e.g. Loan/credit card.

What date in 2008 were these accounts defaulted.

It most certainly not safe to ignore MMF.

I have seen 2 cases recently where court action has been started when debtors have ignored MMF

Send a statute barred letter to Mr Neil Petty the MD of MMF use signed for post and check delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: