UKPC parking tickets - the 3rd one now!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

First of all, I would like to thank you in advance for your help, I am really starting to feel powerless and depressed because of UKPC!

I live in a building with a private carpark.

I do have my own parking space and I've got a parking permit.

1st parking ticket : January 2014

I got my first parking ticket because I forgot to display my parking permit. I appealed, they obviously rejected it. I wrote a formal letter and joined a copy of my permit but in their rejection letter, they still asked me for a copy of my permit! To me, it only proved that they did not pay attention to my appeal AT ALL so I ignored all their letters. I am now at the stage of the "small claims solicitors" letter.

2nd ticket : february 2014

I once again forgot to display my parking ticket! But this time I did not even bother to appeal! With my previous experience, I did not want to even bother! I considered it a waste of time, energy and money!

3rd ticket : today 27/07/14

Now I am getting really annoyed and angry. They gave me a ticket this morning because "i wasn't parked correctly within the markings of the bay".

Now let me explain : I have ALWAYS parked this way because on the left side of my parking space, there is a massive pillar which prevents me to open my door if I am completely within the parking bay.

So my questions are the following :

Should I appeal to the 3rd ticket, knowing that they will reject it because they want my money?

What should I do with the "small claims solicitors" letter for my 1st ticket?

Would it be possible to file a complaint against UKPC so these silly tickets stop?

I'm at a stage where I just want to move out from this place! I cannot even park in my own parking space without being harassed!!

Thank you very much in advance for your help

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just contact the landowner and have a go at them. You have a place of residence there so they cant do anything to you. Especially this crap about not parked correctly.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

with the 3rd one if the pillar is on your left how does this stop you opening your door ?unless you have a left hand drive car? if its to let people out you could let them out before you park in the space or maybe you could reverse into the space.i like parking near pillars as it means people wont open there door onto my car.

so is it you taking them to the small claims or ukpc takeing you?

you should put in an appeal for the 3rd ticket, just a normal appeal do not forget to ask for a POPLA code should your appeal be rejected, which it will, once you get your POPLA code you can use " Not A Genuine Pre Estimate Off Loss" as a basis for your POPLA Appeal.

As for the other 2 tickets, should they decide to proceed to court you can use you previous appeal and also " NOT A Genuine Pre Estimate of Loss" in your court defence.

have a search round the site and you will see there are a few cases that have gone to court and the claimant has lost on "GPEOL"

hope that helps

sure there will be others that will advise further.

remember that a ticket from the likes of UKPC is only a speculative invoice.

Hi again and thank you for your advice.

Zumbanikki, sorry it is not very clear, it is on my right side when I park so it does prevent me from opening my door. Also, no one is taking anyone to the small claims, I only got a letter from "small claims solicitors" urging me to pay or else... That's it.

renegadeimp, I've got virtually no contact at all with the landowner, all has been done through my letting agency. When I moved in a year ago, my letting agency "forgot" to provide me with a parking permit and I got a ticket! It was another ticket, nothing to do with the ones mentioned above. I challenged my agency and they contacted the property management company that manages the carpark to waive the ticket. They answer was " put it down to experience and pay for the ticket". I obviously didn't but the letting agency did.

Thank you again for helping me!!

I don't think I will get any help from anyone there...

Hi Letsgetitsorted,

Thank you for your reply. I have challenged UKPC already on this matter and they only replied that their GPEOL is completely legit (of course).

I hope I don't go to court and they stop this nonsense though! I will get other tickets for not parking "correctly" because I can't do anything else, how can I stop them?

It's getting really tiring now...

Let them say what they want. Popla and the uk court system say otherwise.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

also so you need to investigate your tenancy

if its list your have a space

its yours nothing UKPC can harm you with.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then contact the landowner. In any case, just use GPEOL and if you pay for a parking permit, just supply that to popla or the court.

GPEOL will pretty much win every single time though.

If they lose and they keep trying to get money out of you, you could possibly have them up in court for harassment, if the landowner wont intervene first.

renegadeimp thank you so much for your help, I'm writing a letter to UKPC for my last ticket requiring a POPLA code if they reject my appeal. I am going to contact my letting agency about this and try to get the landowner involved.

I will keep you informed about the two other tickets (which are at the "solicitors" stage).

renegadeimp thank you so much for your help, I'm writing a letter to UKPC for my last ticket requiring a POPLA code if they reject my appeal. I am going to contact my letting agency about this and try to get the landowner involved.

I will keep you informed about the two other tickets (which are at the "solicitors" stage).

I had a letter the other day from someone asking me to send them £1000 and they would release the million pounds they have waiting for me ,aaarH! bless em,i said deduct the £1000 from the mil and send me the rest !!!!

just like your solicitors letter we will both wait along time for for it to arrive,caggers are looking after you sit back enjoy the ride.

The small claims solicitor is probably sitting at the next desk to whoever sends out the parking tickets in the first place. They use this tactic as a threat. They MAY progress to Court action, but will probably back down at the eleventh hour as you are a resident at the complex. Ask them for a copy of their contract with the landowner which shows that they are entitled to peruse you for money in their own name. You probably won 't get it, but again, this strengthens your case with POPLA.

The small claims solicitor is probably sitting at the next desk to whoever sends out the parking tickets in the first place. They use this tactic as a threat. They MAY progress to Court action' date=' but will probably back down at the eleventh hour as you are a resident at the complex. Ask them for a copy of their contract with the landowner which shows that they are entitled to peruse you for money in their own name. You probably won 't get it, but again, this strengthens your case with POPLA.[/quote']

Thank you, I am going to add this to my appeal letter. I have sent an email to my letting agency asking for the landowner's details. Do you know if I can get a POPLA code for the two old tickets I got?

I used to rent a flat it was in a new development. Although my rental agreement did not include a parking space there were 24 spaces and 24 flats, and shortly after I moved in I received a hand delivered letter from the landlord telling me that my flat had an allocated parking space and telling me which of the spaces it was.

Even though you are renting it the flat has an allocated space therefore you are within your rights to park in the allocated space regardless of whether you display a parking ticket or not.

I used to rent a flat it was in a new development. Although my rental agreement did not include a parking space there were 24 spaces and 24 flats, and shortly after I moved in I received a hand delivered letter from the landlord telling me that my flat had an allocated parking space and telling me which of the spaces it was.

Even though you are renting it the flat has an allocated space therefore you are within your rights to park in the allocated space regardless of whether you display a parking ticket or not.

Do you mean that having a parking permit is actually useless since I am a resident and the parking space comes with my flat?

Pretty much. The permit has no real meaning on private land. Of course, youd suffer the wrath of the landowner if you abused it, but a PPC cannot do anything about it. Which is why they rejected your appeal/ They think if they blindside you, youll pay up willingly.

• Confused 1

Waw... this company is even worse than I thought! How could they even think of taking me to court then??

Alright, I wrote two letters that I'm going to send tomorrow + an email to my letting agency.

The first letter goes to UKPC - it constitutes my appeal against the 3rd ticket + a reminder of why I will not pay for the two other tickets either.

The second letter goes to Small Claims Solicitors requesting them that they cease all correspondence with me since their letter does not constitute a letter before claim.

I will let you know what happens next...

Waw... this company is even worse than I thought! How could they even think of taking me to court then??

Alright, I wrote two letters that I'm going to send tomorrow + an email to my letting agency.

The first letter goes to UKPC - it constitutes my appeal against the 3rd ticket + a reminder of why I will not pay for the two other tickets either.

The second letter goes to Small Claims Solicitors requesting them that they cease all correspondence with me since their letter does not constitute a letter before claim.

I will let you know what happens next...

UKPC can think about taking you to court... but they won't.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...IS%2085865.doc

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...090006%203.doc

Make sure in your appeal that you state 'cancel charge or provide a valid code for POPLA'.

And state that you have proof of postage for your appeal.

• Confused 1

I would bother explaining anything in any depth in your letter to UKPS, just tell them that theparking space is allocated as part of the lease and nothing to do with them. Tell themthat if they persist in applying more litter on your car you will be taking action against them for trespass, criminal damage and harassment.

There is another case on this forum from a few months back where someone had a similar problem and kicked their butts in court for the self same thing. Look at that posting and quote it to them.

I would bother explaining anything in any depth in your letter to UKPS, just tell them that theparking space is allocated as part of the lease and nothing to do with them. Tell themthat if they persist in applying more litter on your car you will be taking action against them for trespass, criminal damage and harassment.

There is another case on this forum from a few months back where someone had a similar problem and kicked their butts in court for the self same thing. Look at that posting and quote it to them.

Are you sure about it? I think i read the case and the parking space was registered to the person's name, in my case it's just my "allocated bay".

If it is allocated by way of the lease then it doesnt matter whose name is on it, it is part of that property and absolutely nothing to do with the parking company, the lettings agency, the managing agents that change the light bulbs or even the freeholder. If you rent that property then those rights are transferred by your tenancy.

Note that the so-called solicitors are using a name that will get them into trouble with their governing body so I do not believe that they exist as a genuine company of solicitors regulated by the SRA but are in fact a branch of the parking company and named to make you think that they have some kind of authority they dont. You can check this out and if I am right then they can be reported. Very useful if you do want to go down the harassment route.

If it is allocated by way of the lease then it doesnt matter whose name is on it, it is part of that property and absolutely nothing to do with the parking company, the lettings agency, the managing agents that change the light bulbs or even the freeholder. If you rent that property then those rights are transferred by your tenancy.

Note that the so-called solicitors are using a name that will get them into trouble with their governing body so I do not believe that they exist as a genuine company of solicitors regulated by the SRA but are in fact a branch of the parking company and named to make you think that they have some kind of authority they dont. You can check this out and if I am right then they can be reported. Very useful if you do want to go down the harassment route.

Lovely, thank you very much for your answer! I do want to go to the harassment route and it is very useful information for my case. The letting agency is not replying to me (holidays? not bothered?) so i guess I will have to go down that route by myself. Thank you again so much.