Didn't change the address on my licence , for 2 years

Bugcho
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, i haven't change the new address on my licence as i haven't using it for almost 2 years. Now i went to online section and i see a question for how long i live in this address. Do i gotta get a fine if i put 2 years period on my new address?

You should have your current address on licence

A simple task that took me nearly two years after moving out of old address!

I done it online and new licence was back within a week

Change it you should be fine

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

INdeed I was a year late with updating mine

I think if you update it volontarily before being caught there is no issue

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

INdeed I was a year late with updating mine

I think if you update it volontarily before being caught there is no issue

You will certainly come unstuck if you lie about it, verification checks are made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

you don't need to change your address if you can still be contacted through your old address eg you moved out of your parents house to your own place.but of course its best to have your address where you are living.

you don't need to change your address if you can still be contacted through your old address eg you moved out of your parents house to your own place.but of course its best to have your address where you are living.

The fine is up to £1000.00 for failing to up date address.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I kinda have the same problem. Maybe more complicated.

I've lost my provisional license about 10 years ago.

I have since moved twice.

I've never driven a vehicle, but I got it as a means of ID when I was 17 (I'm now 40 btw)

I never thought about it until I saw this post.

What do I do ?

Obviously I would need to change address and photo.

I've never had a passport either.

Can I just say don't need a license anymore ?

I kinda have the same problem. Maybe more complicated.

I've lost my provisional license about 10 years ago.

I have since moved twice.

I've never driven a vehicle, but I got it as a means of ID when I was 17 (I'm now 40 btw)

I never thought about it until I saw this post.

What do I do ?

Obviously I would need to change address and photo.

I've never had a passport either.

Can I just say don't need a license anymore ?

Your provisional entitlement has expired anyway, you would need to apply for a new provisional licence if you intend to start driving.

You are unaffected by this.

Hi Bugcho

Now you say you haven't been using your licence for 2yrs is there a reason for this:

1. Did you have a medical issue.

2. Is it you just moved address in the UK and forgot.

3. You have moved from the UK to another country?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

so I don't need to do anything at all ?

and I don't have any license status ?

No a PL has a limited life.

err just wondering but my lost provisional licence was a photo one

ive lost both parts btw

does that matter ?

The PL has expired, no longer of any importance.

Surely it's only a (upto) £1000 fine if you drive with a licence with the wrong address?

Of course, but you will not be able to get insurance or hire a car for instance.

Also useless as a means of ID if not up to date.

• 1 month later...
you have not broken the law as you were not driving! drivers should be aware full drivers license is only valid for 10 years and needs to update photos

If you hold a licence, it is an offence if it is not updated - if you are driving or not is irrelevant, but that is when it usually comes to light.

A full driving licence is valid until you are 70, unless it is short term one issued for medical reasons etc. It is the photograph that is required to be renewed every 10 years, to fail to do so is the same offence as failing to update your address details.

If you hold a licence, it is an offence if it is not updated - if you are driving or not is irrelevant, but that is when it usually comes to light.

A full driving licence is valid until you are 70, unless it is short term one issued for medical reasons etc. It is the photograph that is required to be renewed every 10 years, to fail to do so is the same offence as failing to update your address details.

Correct the licence must be updated with a new address as soon as it is practical so to do.

I stand corrected due to DVLA not understanding simplest of question and conflict of interest.Drivers licence is valid up to the age of 70 and to be renewed every three years when you reach 70.

UK licence need to be updated every 10years with new photo or change of address any time which will cost £20.Its disgraceful on the government to earn further money as they dispense with paper licence

Its become expensive to have a licence which is used as ID.You better off not having a lience since NI No is required to update your licence and easier to be subject to ID theft as it is known that DVLA don't make mistake.

Whilst I agree that having to pay to update the photo on your licence is a bit of a rip off (it was never sold to us that way when we upgraded), Change of address has always been, and remains free.

The only time that they'd charge for a COA is if you were updating your picture at the same time.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.