BankFodder BankFodder

Doingmybest

Declaring past investigations/Disciplinary's - ** OFFERED THE JOB **

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2072 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi again, wondering if you knowledgeable people can answer this and help me;

My current employer has agreed to me leaving (PILON). They have agreed a factual reference which I have a draft of, which pretty much states that I was good at my job, well respected which I'm fine with. Now, there is a final written warning on my record which was for a year and falls of on X date. They have included a paragraph stating this and also stating that it was not due to competency. They add that there have been no further issues or concerns regarding my conduct. Now due to my line of work I would expect this.

They have agreed to provide a reference without this paragraph if a reference is requested after X date.

To put things in context, worked there for 20 years no issues. Started my own company, and also allegedly worked on said company during a period of sick leave and did not disclose a potential conflict of interest early enough. Naïve and stupid etc but all done and dusted.

I have 2 questions

The application form for the job I'm applying for asks if I have EVER been subject to any investigation, hearings, warnings, complaints or investigations (2nd mention) by any employer, agency or professional body? - The only thing that has happened is what I've said in this post. I want to answer truthfully but is my whole working life history any of their business. My instinct is to let them know what has happened in the past 2 years but is there a statute of limitations type thing regarding this?

When they request the reference they will obviously ask my employer to complete a questionnaire that asks specifically if I was subject to any disciplinary or given any warnings about my conduct during my time with them, are they obliged to go into detail?

I really don't want to rule myself out of being employed by being too forth coming but at the same time don't want to lie or be misleading.

Advice much appreciated.

Depends on the line of work.....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Depends on the line of work.....

Hi Emmzzi, it's Nursing (NHS). Apart from the issues I mentioned there is nothing else. These were the only issues in my whole carer or career even redface.png

Edited by Doingmybest
can't write proper

So that I think makes it a moral/ ethical and "will I get caught and be dismissed for breakdown of trust" question. Not a legal one.

Up to you and your conscience.

• Confused 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

If it's any help someone I know was on a final warning (ridiculously petty issues) and went for an interview for a new job in the same line of work. She was asked about disciplinaries. She told the interviewer what had happened. She got the job because she was honest about it. :)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

^^Agreed

Honesty is always the best policy and where it has nothing to do with competency or resident safety it should not be an issue

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

As ever many thanks for advice. I have informed perspective employer who didn't bat an eyelid.

It is true, Honesty is the best policy.

So glad it worked out for you. It's how you do your job that your new employers are interested in, and as long as they know about your business and aren't worried by it, there should be no problem.

Good luck with the job. :)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello there.

I'm pleased for you, you did the right thing and it worked in your favour.

Thank you for reporting back, your thread will help other caggers who find themselves in a similar situation.

Good luck with the new job. :)

HB

• Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum