Reestons/ Cabot/Sainsburys - Claim form received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

received a threat letter from Reestons that had to be sorted by 15th July.

So I sent cca request to Cabot.

I have received nothing at all back from them, but unfortunately I now cannot find my proof of postage from Post Office.

However, I know that all I have ever signed from Sainsburys was an application form in store,

so I doubt that they have the correct documents.

Today 25th July I received court papers from Northampton court that were signed on the 22nd July.

What are my options for defending when I do not have documents to prove anything.

The last time a payment was made on this account was in july 2009,

and it has bounced around numerous agencies since until it reached Reestons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**(4-Viewing)-nbsp

Can you please follow the link above and answer the questions, posting the answers in this thread.

Then we can advise further.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Citizenb

claim issued by Cabot financial uk

issued 22nd July

the claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant(s) under a contract between the defendant(s) and Sainsburys

dated on or about 13/10/2003 and assigned to the claimant in on 07/02/2011 in the sum of 2869.86

for an old sainsburys credit card applied for in store

original agreement from 2003

claim assigned to cabot from sainsburys

cannot remember receiving any notice because i buried head in sand

do not know if i received stat notices

i ceased payments in july 2009

dispute about charges after missing payments due to no money, late payments etc

never entered into any debt management, because i had family problems at time

already sent cca request when i got letter from reestons, but have had no reply

thanks for your help, I want to defend because the only original paperwork i ever received was the application from in sainsburys, but until they send documents, i will not know

thank you for your help

Righto, well there is a timeline that you MUST stick to..

Date of issue - 22 July 2014 + 5 days for service = 26 July + 14 days to acknowledge service = 09 August 2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 23 August 2014.

Their claim is very vague and limits what you can request from them under CPR31.14 . I have linked the request below.. you must send to the Solicitor acting on behalf of the claimant you can only request the following items.

1: Agreement and any related terms and conditions

2: Notice of Assignment

3: Statement of account to identify any penalty/ default charges.

So you must amend the draft accordingly. Send it as soon as possible and by recorded or special delivery.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued.

You will then need to send a CPR part 18 in order to establish if Sainsbury's ever sent a Default Notice. I have attached a draft for you below. You can send this in the same envelope as the CPR 31.14. With CPR part 18 you can only ask questions - not request copies of documents. Depending upon their response will be if you can then ask for a copy of the document.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52396[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

many thanks citizenB

i will send documentation off right away, when do i reply to the court papers, and what should i put in as defense,etc, or do i wait for return of papers from reestons

thank you

You need to acknowledge the claim by 9th August - this is the first important step - if you dont acknowledge then the claimant will be able to apply for a default judgment.

All the information you require to acknowledge is on the claim form. You will need the claim number and if you read down the page a bit you will find a password - you then need to log on to the MCOL gateway where there will be instructions for you to follow. Have a pen/pencil and paper by your side because you will be given another password. Then just follow the instructions - print off any receipt.

You will be given an extra 14 days for your defence which will take you to the next date in your timeline above.

You do not need to contest jurisdiction.. if the claimant proceeds, the claim will automatically be moved to your local court.

let us know say in 10 days time if you have/havent received anything in respect of your CPR requests and we can take it from there.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CitizenB,

after well over a week of waiting for a reply,

I have received a letter from Reestons Solicitiors refusing to deal with my requests

because my letter was unsigned,

only my name printed at the end as sig.

I thought that as they could only reply to me, that that would be enough.

Is there anything i can send to them to force the issue.

thanks in anticipation

flembo

Hi CitizenB,

after well over a week of waiting for a reply, I have received a letter from Reestons Solicitiors refusing to deal with my requests because my letter was unsigned, only my name printed at the end as sig. I thought that as they could only reply to me, that that would be enough. Is there anything i can send to them to force the issue.

thanks in anticipation

flembo45

CPR letter I take it?

its just restons being obstructive

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's right, they are stating that they will not deal with my cpr request unless the letter is signed, and they have sent my original letters back to me.

can i send them a letter stating that htere is no legal requirement to sign anything i send, and they must know it is me because they sent back to my registered home address

thank you

no don't worry

that's their problem to prove the claim.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx,

so i dont send anything to them, even though they have given me back my cpr request and not supplied any information to me.

what do i put as defence on mcol, i have already acknowledged, but not done any defence yet as i was waiting for all information

flembo45

if you go read a few threads in this forum that your claim is in

you'll see numerous people that had the same issue

you need the holding/no paperwork defence.

dx

and they

no don't worry

that's their problem to prove the claim.

dx

I am also in a position where Restons returned my CPR letter because it was unsigned.

The Oldrouge and Brigadier2JCS have suggested that I should have signed the letter to the solicitors for the CPR, so I am a little confused.

Do I now sign and send the request back or hold off and claim that they are not providing documents.

My thread is at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?429990-Cabot-restons-claimform-old-CITI-card-debt&p=4590371#post4590371

LV

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have still recieved nothing at all from Reestons or Cabot with my CCA so i will have to post my Holding/no paperwork defence. But on searching CAG I am getting hundreds of results but none that seem to suit me. Do I just pick one of the latest ones and edit it with my particulars. Sorry to seem so stupid, but I am actually getting dizzy reading the posts

flembo

any of the holding ones will do see andyorchs posts

then post it up and andy will check it

dx

and they

Hi DX,

I have completed my defence, can anyone look it over for me. Much appreciated

flembo

Defence

All details for court papers

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2.Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with Sainsburys but any alleged balance is and remains in dispute for faulty goods/services/ charges

3.Paragraph 2 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served over 3 years ago.

4.It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5.As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6.On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Act 1974.

7.By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

I think this was Andy's fine work, and it seemed to fit in with mine, I just need to fit in the details for my account?

Kind regards

Edited by Andyorch
Attachments removed.

It looks fine to me, flembo. I will ask andyorch to have a peek for you as well :)

BCOBS

hoho watch them run.

just a point

you cant put links to files in your defence.

you have atleast two?

dx

and they