I think you misunderstood what I’ve written.
the cooker door was going to be replaced and we were happy wit that. Hotpoint decided not to do this and changed the cooker with what we were told was exactly the same. No changes.
if you google HUD61PS not a real fan oven you will see lots of other customers with the same issues. The oven does not cook correctly !
someone please tell me what cooking instructions we follow ? Fan oven or conventional? This oven is neither ....
we only accepted their ‘gesture of goodwill’ because we were told it was exactly the same. This is substantially different and not a genuine fan oven
Thank you for your replies I really do appreciate your time.
Can I just double check (tired emotional female here not taking everything in properly at moment), the best thing to do is contact tax credits myself on Monday, rather than wait for them to contact me?
And do I tell them on the phone there's been a large overpayment.... Do I need to ask about repaying yet or do I wait?
Sorry, still in a complete panic!!
Well I hope that you request a call recordings is successful – but I'm a bit surprised that you need them because I would have thought that you would by now have read our customer services guide and you would have your own recordings.
Just because a company says that it records your calls, doesn't mean that it does – and also it says nothing about the retention policy. They may have a retention policy of only a couple of months or so. There could be other more sinister reasons why they don't give them to you.
So you don't record your calls…. 🙄
I'm not quite sure what you're going to sue them for. You had a cooker which you have used since the beginning of 2017 – and that means that you had it for 2 1/2 years and used it successfully before the door broke.
They supplied you with a new cooker – which you are not entirely happy with because of the way the thermostat works – and now you are considering suing the supplier for the breaking of the door a few months ago.
If I were advising them, I would tell them to offer a cash settlement which included a reduction for 2 1/2 years of use against the full price of a brand-new cooker which you might reasonably expect to last seven or eight years.
I think if you had tackled the problem head-on when the door first broke and succeeded in pushing for a replacement door, then you would probably have succeeded – assuming that those doors were still available – but you would still be left with a cooker 2 1/2 years into its expected lifespan.
Instead, they supplied you with a new cooker which although work slightly differently, basically means that they have given you a free upgrade which is worth about 30% of the value of new cooker.
I'm sorry to say but I think you did quite well – and because you left it so long, it won't be possible to get your door reinstated because I suppose the cooker is long gone.
If you can get the recordings which say that you are going to receive "like for like" then that might be helpful, but it seems to me that what they given you as a gesture of goodwill – and you've accepted it and it may well be that you have forfeited any further rights as a result.
I suspect that you might come off the loser in this battle
I do not have £s. I have to do it all myself.
The situation is more complicated than just me. I was the leaseholder. Separately, the family hold the fh (I can never personally benefit), The bank have tried every legal means to get the fh and failed. Wasted time, whilst my interest accrued. The freeholders have their own legal argument with the bank and the bank has limited time to respond/act before they run risk of forfeiture of the lease back to the freeholders...
The bigger value is in the lease now. But long-term the value will be with the freeholders. Raising the funds to pay off my debt is being looked at - aside from their legal action on poss forfeit.
There are discrepancies with the bank's paperwork. Dates wrong and signatures missing on important docs.
I understand one may question how the situation could change soon after 4y. But it seems the market is changing. Properties of similar value in the locality have remained unsold in 5y - but agents are now seeing more interest and offers on these properties. The bank has advised they have offers at a certain level but have been reluctant to accept. They spent the last year in futile attempt to get the fh. If they had pursued the offer for the lh 1y ago there would be very little shortfall - or any shortfall could have been potentially dealt with on some sort of financial agreement?
imo they want to pursue b and get the house so they can take advantage of this poss rise in values.
Shocking pictures reveal ‘disgusting’ conditions inside Hermes depot where workers ‘feel like slaves’. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419726-shocking-pictures-reveal-%E2%80%98disgusting%E2%80%99-conditions-inside-hermes-depot-where-workers-%E2%80%98feel-like-slaves%E2%80%99/
Euro Car Parks issued this ticket to the police in Devon and Cornwall. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419522-can-anyone-identify-the-parking-company-which-issued-this-ticket-to-the-police-in-devon-and-cornwall/