Edf energy debt help ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I'm in a bit of a pickle regarding a debt I have with edf.

Currently our debt stands at £1600,

to cut a long story short.

i had been struggling to pay my bills and feed a family of 4 for past few years,

i luckily started a new job to try and better ourselves at the start of this year,

but I went from weekly to four weekly paid so I didn't have any income for a month,

then I went on training for the best part of 4 months, so I couldn't do overtime and earn better money.

With all this I was struggling severely.

I kept edf in the loop the whole time and they seemed generally alright and understanding.

Now I'm out of training I have been able to pay a little more, between £100-£120 a month ( approx £80 going towards monthly usage ).

today I come home to a letter demanding the full outstanding balance,

apparently someone has come round to discuss or even disconnect our supply.

I really don't know what to do to be honest,

I called them and said Iv been paying but they say it's not enough,

I offered to set up a monthly direct debit but they said they need a down payment of £750 before they can set it up!

They then said they will fit a meter, but our landlord ( private rent )

strictly pointed out in the tenancy agreement that he doesn't want a meter fitted.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

pay them direct by your internet banking webportal

they cant refuse it that way.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes that's how Iv been paying them. Direct credit transfer, every four weeks. But they are saying it's not enough, can they do this if I'm already paying? Should I take this further . I.e financial conduct authority or something?

Hi Timpg

Are you on the cheapest Fixed Tariff?

Apply to the EDF Trust see if they will give you a grant to pay off some or all of the debt, fill in the application form.

http://www.edfenergytrust.org.uk/

http://www.edfenergy.com/products-services/for-your-home/documents/leap/R67_Priority_Services_AW2.pdf

What you could do is set up a Standing Order with your bank for a fixed amount, it might upset them, but you will be paying them and hopefully they will stop putting pressure on you, to pay what you can't afford.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Vincent de rivaz

Chief Executive Officer

EDF UK

[email protected] .com

Yes I will, I told them I'm happy to set up a standing order or direct debit, to show I want to make payments, I want to clear this debt. But they won't except it until I have made a down payment of £750. Totally unrealistic! I have just made a payment of £120, which I was going to make anyway before I got this letter! What gets me is that they say me paying £120 a month is alright, then all of a sudden it's not and the want to disconnect us!! I will be writing a letter to complain. Thankyou for the advice

Hi Timpg

Let us know what they say, you have lots of options, don't let them change it for a prepayment meter. Tell them if they went to a court, the Judge would only ask you to pay what you could reasonably afford so you didn't starve, so what right have they got to make such erroneous demands.

Yes I will, I told them I'm happy to set up a standing order or direct debit, to show I want to make payments, I want to clear this debt. But they won't except it until I have made a down payment of £750. Totally unrealistic! I have just made a payment of £120, which I was going to make anyway before I got this letter! What gets me is that they say me paying £120 a month is alright, then all of a sudden it's not and the want to disconnect us!! I will be writing a letter to complain. Thankyou for the advice
Hi Timpg

Let us know what they say, you have lots of options, don't let them change it for a prepayment meter. Tell them if they went to a court, the Judge would only ask you to pay what you could reasonably afford so you didn't starve, so what right have they got to make such erroneous demands.

Yes I will let you know, I think I'll keep all contact to email only now, as proof of their outstanding co-operation. Like I said to the guy, Iv been making payments, and I'm happy to set up a standing order, but he wouldn't do it. So in my eyes they are refusing to accept offer of payment!

Hi just a quick update.

I just received a call from EDF exec who was passed on my email.

She said that it appears I was failed on numerous occasions and would like to resolve the issue via offering me a cheaper tariff

and an instalment plan to clear the arrears.

So I'm all sorted now and panic over.

Thank you very much for your generous help and advice.