harw1n

RHF Productions saga

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1937 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Greetings CAG forum members!

Back in May I got an email advertising a free trial for TVX and stupidly clicked through and signed up for it, or so I thought. Once I completed the financial details etc. on the form and clicked to proceed there was a short pause then I got an error message. I received no confirmation of any free trial or subscription commencing.

I contacted their customer service to clarify what had happened and they said my account was blocked because I had previously registered (many years ago) and they could not verify my details, so I assumed no transaction took place and didn't bother to try again.

A few weeks later I noticed a charge for £21.99 on my credit card statement so I called them and initiated a charge back and cancellation of any recurring charges that may follow.

I thought that was the end of it, stupid I now know with hindsight!

Today I received a letter from RHF productions threatening legal action if I do not pay the balance on my account immediately.

I think as I did not receive any confirmation or a copy of the contract T&C's the transaction is in breach of distance selling contract law?

I am drafting a letter along those lines now but would really appreciate any advice :???:

Think you are doing the right thing - proceeding via letter confirming it did not go ahead and was confirmed by call as well

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Harw1n

The following applies:- Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265898/consumer-contracts-information-cancellation-and-additional-payments-regulations-2013.pdf

Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers