RHF Productions saga

harw1n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings CAG forum members!

Back in May I got an email advertising a free trial for TVX and stupidly clicked through and signed up for it, or so I thought. Once I completed the financial details etc. on the form and clicked to proceed there was a short pause then I got an error message. I received no confirmation of any free trial or subscription commencing.

I contacted their customer service to clarify what had happened and they said my account was blocked because I had previously registered (many years ago) and they could not verify my details, so I assumed no transaction took place and didn't bother to try again.

A few weeks later I noticed a charge for £21.99 on my credit card statement so I called them and initiated a charge back and cancellation of any recurring charges that may follow.

I thought that was the end of it, stupid I now know with hindsight!

Today I received a letter from RHF productions threatening legal action if I do not pay the balance on my account immediately.

I think as I did not receive any confirmation or a copy of the contract T&C's the transaction is in breach of distance selling contract law?

I am drafting a letter along those lines now but would really appreciate any advice :???:

Think you are doing the right thing - proceeding via letter confirming it did not go ahead and was confirmed by call as well

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)