Welcome says My £12k CCA Regulated secured Loan will now become a mortgage!

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They all try to shift the blame. FOS will say the Broker is the company you need to reclaim PPI from as they sold it to you. Welcome are probably right to tell you to 'go away' and not provide any details.

From what I can see, Dial4ALoan was operated as a separate company to Welcome, but within the Cattles group, hence the Batley address. A&T Finance are still running, with a rather poor website at http://www.atfinance.co.uk/ I cannot see any link to them from Welcome/Cattles so fail to understand why they had a copy of your application, unless it was referred to Welcome and they passed you over to Dial4ALoan who then acted as broker.

As long as you've given all the details to the FOS they should be able to sort something out - eventually. They will already know that both companies were owned by Cattles.

As for underwriting - I have no idea, sorry.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just an up-date,

I have today received a further response from Welcome stating that the rejected A & T Finance application

and was passed to Dial 4 and quote the following extract from letter :-

" We no longer have an underwriting department due to the restructure of our business

and therefore any information regarding the application is difficult to obtain.

I have had to rely on colleagues who worked in the business in 2003.

We can assume that that the rejected A & T Finance application was passed to Dial 4 A Loan, who worked closely with us.

Dial 4 A Loan submitted your details to us, using information provided by A & T Finance.

We have no details or records that any commission was paid to a broker on this occasion (in which I do have as part of SAR ?)

and please be aware that this represents my final response to your complaint. "

I will obviously forward letter to FOS but

in the meantime do I need to be trying to establish or locate details of any other relationships

i.e. between Underwriter Aviva who was regulated at the time of sale and Welcome / Dial 4 A Loan ?

Should I approach Underwriters asking for confirmation that a fee was paid for new business ?

As mentioned above, I do have copies of Dial 4 A Loan commission and brokerage sheets with Welcome Finance.

Any further help would be very much appreciated.

I sent a SAR to Welcome Finance and they responded within the 40 days but there was various information missing.

So I contacted Welcome requesting details or an explanation as to why they cannot be provided.

I received a Final Response reply yesterday in which they apologise and due to an internal error some of the information was not originally submitted but now has.

Also they quote that any documents that are no longer stored have been securely disposed of

- should they have provided some sort of recording confirming this ?

Welcome finally state in the letter that they are sorry that I only received part of my DSAR

and that details were unclear and for that reason they have upheld my complaint

but if not satisfied with their response I have six months to refer complaint to FOS.

Sorry for what maybe some stupid questions but what next ?

If complaint has been upheld am I entitled to any compensation for time and effort etc involved ?

If so do I reply requesting this or do I report Welcome to ICO

and submit a complaint to FOS in respect of failure to comply with DPA ?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Any complaint regarding incomplete data from an SAR will need to go to the Information Commissioner.

I do not think that the FOS would deal with this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You could I guess, send a further letter to their Data Controller or a formal complaint to their Head office and advise that you think their response is disingenuous. That you have expended time and energy in dealing with this matter and at the very least would expect them to compensate you for extra time and postage you have had to invest in by their lack of due diligence.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sounds like a plan to me :)

BCOBS

I have various ongoing complaints with Welcome / FOS in which some have been resolved

but others have not, in respect of a Secured loan taken out in November 2003.

One of the complaints was in respect of a discrepancy in loan amounts mentioned on statements

in which apparently was due to migration of IT system error

and the matter has now been clarified and FOS were advised.

I still had an outstanding issue regarding refund of added amounts and interest,

in respect of some irregular payments that appeared on my statements I

n which Welcome were unable to clarify and redress of costs / time and effort.

This morning I have received the attached letter from FOS and wondered if anyone else has received the same.

if any experts on this site could kindly have a look and advise if this will now affect my ongoing complaint including my other Payment Protection Insurance mis-selling issue.

Apologies for state of letter but this is how I received it :shock:

Thanks

Exactly where I'm coming from and I have put the question to FOS and now awaiting a further reply.

told FOS that they must have been aware of the situation and find it unfair that Welcome can deny all knowledge of mis-selling without a valid explanation (stalling tac-tic I know)

then passed to FOS who in turn take forever in a day to even investigate it, let alone make a decision !

My first impression is that everything's been put on hold but I will post up once response received.

I just wanted to give everyone the heads up who may have any pending complaints with Welcome

and if they have anyone has already received anything similar.

• 2 weeks later...

I have today received FOS adjudicator's letter rejecting my PPI complaint in which I have attached copies of details received.

Please could any experts on here kindly have a look and advise if it is still worthwhile referring to the Ombudsman

on the basis of the comments made ?

My main concern is that FOS mention that they have listened to a call recording between Dial4ALoan and my OH

in which when I had originally requested details via various SAR's

there was no evidence or any record details of any conversation ?

Can I ask FOS for details or do I need to go back to Dial4ALoan requesting information ?

There is also another concern with the copy of details provided regarding Secured Loan amounts sheet,

in which was also not previously provided, in which is not even on any headed paper ????

This has been a very frustrating complaint with all concerned, including FOS but am I fighting a dead duck ?

I would appreciate any assistance in providing a response or any advice on what to do next.

Also I am somewhat confused, as the actual credit agreement with PPI is actually from Welcome / Progressive

and not Dial4ALoan and therefore would have thought that they would have been responsible for miss-selling ?

FOS also mention about no evidence of relationship between broker / lender (Welcome)

or any agency relationship between all parties involved including Underwriters

- How can this be established ?

Sorry but has anyone else experienced the same comments from foslink3.gif re agency relationship between broker, lender and Underwriters

or possibly assist me in if there is anything else I could possibly do as a last resort.

FOS adjudicator has granted extension for their final decision and referral to ombudsman till 15 Sept.

I have been trying to search forums but have had no luck tracing a similar complaint situation.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Also I am somewhat confused, as the actual credit agreement with PPI is actually from Welcome / Progressive and not Dial4ALoan and therefore would have thought that they would have been responsible for miss-selling ?

FOS also mention about no evidence of relationship between broker / lender (Welcome) or any agency relationship between all parties involved including Underwriters

- How can this be established ?

ok i'll look at things later

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks dx and much appreciated.

Just an after thought

how can Underwriter AVIVA not be responsible if they were regulated at the time of sale ?

Surely they should not have been dealing / or accepting business from any parties that were not regulated

and is a breach of their code of conduct at the time ?

I had already sent a separate complaint to Underwriters in which was originally rejected by them.

I am just trying to seek another option to pursue but believe that their final response was submitted on the 15th February 2014

(did pass details onto FOS around then as part of Welcome complaint),

so time is at a premium at moment.

Even though FOS have dismissed the above, I wondered if I could still address further with some assistance from any Forum experts in order to fight my case.

As mentioned that time is running out should I e-mail the FOS person that I have been dealing with asap mentioning my change of tact ?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers dx

I've just had a look and doesn't seem promising and my faith in FOS at the moment has diminished !

Anyway I have had to submit another complaint yesterday with FOS in respect of Underwriters Aviva,

so here's to another 2+ years of toing and throing :x

I will also have to keep searching other sites for any up-dates regarding a similar case.

I need a bit of time to unravel the full story

I have a welcome insider that might help

soon.

dx

and they

Cheers dx very much appreciated.

Any further assistance would be very helpful but

in the meantime I have submitted new complaint to FOS in respect of Aviva as 6 months from my original complaint

with them has nearly lapsed.

My other claim with Dial4ALoan / Welcome is still open with the adjudicator at FOS until the 15 Sept before their final response and ombudsman involvement.

Cheers

I would be delving into the ownership

and directors of dial4 a loan cattle's and welcome

my spy says

and they

OK dx cheers for that but may need some additional guidance on how to address.

It seems that FOS are ignoring any linkage under Cattles and are also saying that there is no direct connection between all parties involved ????

that's exactly like HFC and Hamilton life

it was latterly proved Hamilton life was set up or something

by ex directors/managers of HFC.

they then had to rather quickly hire 100's of shedder wagons

and go around the UK destroying everything they could.

dx

and they

Absolutely disgraceful !

Funny you should mention them,

I have just found an old HFC Trust & Savings loan details from the late 1980's

and with it a Hamilton Insurance / Life policy.

I notice they added single life and disability premium (ticked themselves)

and even all those years ago I remember the salesperson telling me that for it to be agreed,

I had to take it !

Probably no chance finding anything on this one lol !

As for Dial4ALoan / Welcome it seems a struggle trying to prove any relationship

and FOS are not bothered on their underhand dealings, in which we all know about.

you might be surprised what HFC actually hold in data

there are several cases of sar's returning data back into the late 1980's early 1990's

and they