Returns possibly lost in post **** Resolved ****

stevetheboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings,

At the moment this is just an enquiry...

I returned an item puchesed online via an Amazon seller. They sent the wrong item and so I requested a refund.

They sent me a prepaid 2nd class label to return the item via Royal Mail.

This has a tracking number.

The item was posted on the 3rd of July, it is now the 24th and the item is still showing as "in the system" on RM's website!

So the question is who is responsible if this item is missing, me or the seller? Who makes a claim against RM?

I assume my original P&P should also be refunded...

Many thanks.

Hi Steve

The item has more then likely been received by the Amazon Seller. Unfortunately the RM are rubbish on tracking.

The Amazon Seller will not admit receiving it back. Have you contacted the Seller asking them why they haven't refunded yet? The Seller needs to make a claim against RM then Refund you.

Or,

If you paid by Debit Card/Credit Card under some circumstances you can ask your card provider to do a Chargeback.

The Royal Mail are responsible for the loss of the item, if it has indeed been lost.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Hi

As you have a tracking number you have completed your end of the issue. Everything else is down to the seller and RM as it was the seller that sent you the label.

You can prove you posted it so if you haven't received a refund, contact the seller and ask why not. If they come back and say they haven't received it, give them the tracking number and raise the case with Amazon.

Yes to your other point. You should be put back into the position had you not bought the item so, full refund inclusive of any postage costs.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE