Lending Stream - refusing to refund overpayment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

long time reader and first-time poster.

I got into a lot of trouble with pay-day loans and have almost paid off all of them. This, as you know, has ruined my credit rating making my chances of a mortgage etc in the future nearly impossible (i'm 25 so have little chance of getting on the property ladder until i'm into my 30s) - this all despite me being in a well-paid(ish) job etc.

I had a payment plan set-up with lending stream - after taking advice from this site i set it as a standing order - this was to end in April.

However, RL got in the way of a few things and i forgot to cancel it - i noticed in early June and they refunded the first overpayment.

Unfortunately, a further payment was sent in June too.

When i called them, they said they couldn't find any overpayment on my records and said they'd give me the benefit of the doubt and refund based on a copy of my bank statement being sent showing the payment. I obliged and i got some BS back saying they only had payments until April and that i should send a picture that hasn't been edited (it wasn't).

The amount isn't massive, but its more the principle than anything else having paid them well over the odds already. Any advice?

TL:DR - paid LS too much, now they won't give it back

How was the payment made?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How much was the payment for? If its for a fair amount, i would issue them a last chance letter giving them 7-14 days to refund the payment in full. If they refuse, issue a 7 day lba then on the 7th day get the court papers going.

Lending stream and a few other PDL's are nothing more than legal loan sharks. Even the media and many MP's agree. They will be very reluctant to do anything unless you force them to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

How much was the payment for? If its for a fair amount, i would issue them a last chance letter giving them 7-14 days to refund the payment in full. If they refuse, issue a 7 day lba then on the 7th day get the court papers going.

Lending stream and a few other PDL's are nothing more than legal loan sharks. Even the media and many MP's agree. They will be very reluctant to do anything unless you force them to.

It wa sonly for £30 - what i cant understand is that i made the mistae once in May and that was refunded really fast (within 10 mins) but now they're refusing to acknowledge that even this happened

Thats how PDL's operate. They dont care about you or whats happened as long as they get money.

Bit of an Update:

They've paid me back my £30 thankfully.

However, i've just checked my experian credit score and they've stuck 2 defaults on for july and june for accounts that were settled in may - WTF?!

Can you post a copy of them up. Ls are known to accept repayment plans but srill default the account right at tge end. Its like a vendetta or something.

Can you post a copy of them up. Ls are known to accept repayment plans but srill default the account right at tge end. Its like a vendetta or something.

Haven't enough posts to insert images but a link is below:

imgur [DOT] com [FORWARD SLASH] aAJM9zB