Sky playing underhand games.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello ,

Some background to my problem.

I have been a Sky customer for a good few years on the old " anytime " package, with daytime calls as a add on [ £5 PM].

Last week we decided that due to us both using our mobiles & not using the daytime add on we would cancel it.

Called Sky & explained we did`t use it so could we cancel it,

they also offered us a lower price on our BB.

All well & good until we get a letter informing us that we are now on the " weekend " package,

this does not include evening calls or international calls as our previous package did.

We called Sky & explained that at no time were we informed that this would be the case,

no one informed us that we would lose our evening calls & internationals too.

Having called Sky & explained the situation they said they would listen in to the phone call regarding our call.

They have contacted us & informed us that the original call contained "no wrong doing " .

When i checked this new package it is as basic as it can get,

we can`t even use the phone of an evening now without incurring charges,

lost our international calls but we can for a for a price have all this back .

We feel conned that no one informed us of this ,

we simply wanted to cancel the day time facility not the " anytime " package

but the inclusion of the BB reduction offer has changed our package

& removed another customer off this now redundant package [ the real aim here i feel] .

Absolutely disgusted at this underhand trick.

I have today phoned them & informed them of our displeasure & they say we can write in & complain,

although that in it`s self is an assault course designed to frustrate & hopefully we will just give up.

Not happy in the least.

Is there any advise on this as we feel very conned.

Paddy.

I've just had a look at our sky package details. It says I am on 'Sky Talk Freetime', which includes 'Inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines'.

There is now no mention of weekday evening calls. I then checked our last bill and there are plenty of weekday evening calls on it, but all at £0.00 cost. I don't know when this change happened, but I too am not happy about it either. I have had no communication about this change, so i'll wait and see if my next bill has any charges on it.

I've just had a letter telling me my subscription is going up £4 a month! what for? I'm sick of seeing adverts for Sky new customers getting huge discounts and customers like myself who have been with them for 10+ years get increases .....

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell-enn, when Virgin Media tried that with us, we rang and said that unless we got the new user tariff, we were off.

I think I'm right in saying that Virgin have a special section that you talk to if you're thinking of leaving, rather than the normal telesales people.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I did tell Sky once that I was thinking of cancelling as they were too expensive - they put me through to the cancellation dept who didn't seem interested in doing any deals, yet my next door neighbour did the same thing and got 1/2 price for 12 months !!!

My son pays the majority of the subscription so we still get sports and film - otherwise I would be happy to watch Freeview.........

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Update on this.

After taking the advice to email the CEO , i received a call from someone in the " Executive support team " on Sunday 27th , i missed the called. I have also received an email from a member of this team who introduced themselves & informed me they were " taking ownership " of the problem. I have contacted the EST on 3 occasions now only to be told that the person who has taken ownership is not available , been promised a call back twice now, but as yet .................. nothing. Contacted them again this morning & the " ownership taker " is not available , been promised yet another call back

Getting really frustrated with all this, can i take this to an ombudsman & what are the procedures to do so .

Many thanks .... paddy