Carpet Right (Carpet Wrong, in this case)

Wendy Watts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a carpet around a month ago from Carpet Right. Today, the fitters turned up to lay it, only for me to realise that they had brought with them, the wrong carpet.

One of the fitters then phoned Carpet Right, and he was told that the wrong carpet had been put in packaging that my carpet ought to have gone in. ie. it had been mislabelled.

Now, I have been told that the correct carpet cannot be laid for another two weeks. So, I am now in the position of having a hallway, stairs, and landing just covered in underlay. This is obviously a huge inconvenience.

My question is this. Am I legally entitled to some form of compensation. Does anyone know what the law says, if anything, regarding cases similar to this.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why would you get compo for it? They could supply matting or something in the meantime. Although i would say 2 weeks wait is excessive. Perhaps they should refund you some of the money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Wendy

Welcome to CAG

How did you pay?

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain what's happened (wrong carpet delivered), explain how they have let you down (couldn't be fitted, have to wait two weeks etc) and what you want them to do (compensate you, time, inconveinance etc).

Send it to:-

Mr Graham Harris

Chief Operating Officer

[email protected]

The Goods and Services Act (1982) applies:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982