JSA STOPPED RESIDENCE QUOTEDm

23sopwith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my step-son returned from Oz about a year ago and went to live with his sister claimed JSA which he received

after a family fall out he moved to his other sisters now dwp have stopped his jsa because they say he has no proof of residence and further he must wait for 3 months before he can claim.

He 29 a uk citizen what help is available re funding ie. no income as dwp insistent that he must have 3 months residence at sisters. Are dwp correct and now social fund is defunct who does he apply to regarding finance.

Advice would be welcome.

How long was he in Australia for ?

How long was he living with sister N0.1 and can he prove it, ideally by way of correspondence with the DWP ?

I suspect that the DWP may be interpreting the rules of the habitual residency test a little too liberally - If he has been back in the UK for more than three months, it shouldn't make any difference where he has been living. If the DWP are now applying this three month rule indiscriminately, everyone who moves to a new home or becomes homeless looses out.

If the DWP are playing hard-ball and/or bending the rules, I'd suggest contacting the local MP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.