ESA letters not forwarded by Royal Mail

Greytree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems that a redirection service did not come into operation as planned and a letter about ESA was not forwarded. ESA has been stopped. CAB say that the only thing to do is to appeal and that no other benefits will be available.

Single mother of two boys aged 13 and 16. Living in privately rented house. Only been there for six weeks after moving from another in a different town. Been on ESA for three years.

I think the first thing to do would be to phone and speak to them. You may have to ask for a call back as the people in the call centre probably won't be able to help.

Have Royal Mail confirmed that they're not forwarding all your mail? Stuff from DWP is sometimes marked 'Do Not Redirect'.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You should be able to get your ESA restarted once you have confirmed your new address.

I suspect, but can't be sure, that Royal Mail won't forward DWP letters. If the DWP does receive a letter back as undelivered, they will stop payments until you contact them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I suspect, but can't be sure, that Royal Mail won't forward DWP letters.

See Royal Mail Redirection T&C - Section 9.12:

9.12 There are laws that prevent us from redirecting certain items. There are also laws that require us to return certain items to the sender and we may need to inform the authorities of this (for example, mail from government departments related to benefits). Even if we accept an application, any such items will not be redirected to the new address.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Yes the DWP letters cannot be forwarded on and are returned to sender and then the DWP stop benefits. With child benefit, they simply restart it once they hear from you as to where you are now living so I would hope that the same is true with ESA. Contact them with your new address.

The DWP are a priority to inform of your new address always. In advance preferably, or on the day if absolutely necessary at the latest.

I expect its an anti fraud measure.

Amongst other things, yes. It's a condition of receiving benefits that the relevant departments are always kept up to date as to your address. So as abc123def says, informing the DWP of a move must be treated as a priority matter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.