• Tweets

• Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bview have taken my Tv after thretening me with the police

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

I've had these BV turn up at my door 6 times in 3 days.

Missed three weeks payments as I didn't know the bank had cancelled the direct debit and I had no letters from them.

Told them countless amount of times I don't answer the door unless I know who it is.

I'm a single mum 2 kids under 5 so it's just something I've always done and especially like tonight when they turn up at 6pm

I text one of them and said I wouldn't be available until Tuesday as the kids are off school/nursery

and I'm not having strangers in the house when they are here and all he said was it needs to be sorted this week.

back to my question,

next time if/when they turn up unaccounced and I don't know who it is can I phone the police?

I get so paranoid but I don't live in the best area.

i didn't know it was them until they left and seen the card through the door.

i just seen someone at the door when i was peeking out the window

Also seems a tad excessive turning up 6 times in 3 days

You don't have to accept any visits.

Start keeping a detailed log and try to record any conversations or calls.

You are certainly entitled to call the police - but I'm afraid that you shouldn't expect too much help from that quarter - but worth trying anyway.

You should write to them and tell them that you revoke any permission to come on to your property and that if they do so again that you will call the police and also complain to trading standards.

I wouldn't text them or do anything other than write formal letters. Get photos whenever possible but be careful of provoking them

If it continues then come back here.

thanks BF

i suppose if i just called 101 and said there are 2 random men at my door and the aren't leaving surely they have to come out. they must have stood at the door earlier for about 15 minutes. hard to tell a 5 and 3 year old to be quiet lol

i don't mind them coming,its the fact they just turn up whenever they feel like it but when i had a problem with the meter (which is attached to a tv i own) and couldn't get that switched on i sat in for 3 days and they never showed their face.

wish i had never bothered with them.

as soon as ive paid everything off its good riddence

Hi.

Have they ever sent you a 'default notice' in the post?

How long have you had the agreement? How much have your paid? Do you still need the TV?

The reason I ask is that there may be an option of handing back the TV and ending the contract striaght away.

and what about the stupid insurance you are paying too

you can get all that back

it is NOT compulsory.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no default notices just them turning up,i got one tv in june last year and one about 3/4 months ago which is another kettle of fish. i signed up to pay for a new tv and found out about 8 weeks later they've gave me a refurbished one.

no insurances dx,i lurk about here so told them to get that taken off.

just got a text off the guy saying if i can't afford 50quid this week to hand back the tellys until i can....away you go.

ive not refused to pay,i just can't in one go just now,but can in 2/3 weeks but not good enough apparently .

Hope you got that in writing :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She phoned,I was half asleep and never thought to ask her to put the outcome of the call in an email.

I made it clear though if anyone turned up at my doorstep again I wouldn't be hesitating in calling the police for two big men hanging about my door.

Nope,just an 'I've spoken to them and the visits will cease'

WOW! So easy for you to stop your visits!

I should have contacted the same person you contacted.

.. Instead, I dealt with the CEO (Graham Clarke) who refused to confirm to me that the visits would stop,

- despite the fact that I had a serious complaint of harassment and intimidation.

All I can suggest for yourself is that if BAYV reps turn up again,

then you immediately phone the police as well as recording the visits on a camera phone.

Do not let them into your home under any circumstance and try to deal with them only in writing.

If they (BAYV) call at your home again,

then in my opinion they would be trespassing.

The only possible defences BAYV would have in this case are:

consent, judicial warrant, to action a right (such as right of way) or as an emergency.

Since BAYV have correctly stated that no further visits would take place,

then there is no need for you to obtain an injunction against them.

However, should BAYV call at your home again, you could think about starting legal action against them (injunction and possibly trespass).

In other words and from my own experience, BAYV need to be informed quite clearly of the law.

Even when informed of the law they still decide to ignore it. (examples of this can be seen in my thread

where they firstly failed to confirm that no further visits would take place despite my clear requests,

- secondly, they failed to abide by the Data Protection Act (on 2 occasions)

despite the fact that I had previously warned them than should they update the thread they would be in breach of this.

I am pleased that you have sorted this problem out quite quickly and without the need of court action.

From what I remember of my own experience, it was only by the skin of their teeth

that they avoided the need for me to obtain an injunction against them.

If you have further problems from this company, then please post back here.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

• 1 month later...

i'll start with how we even got to this.

i missed a payment on the 11th, because the bank had cancelled my DD and i had no idea,

it was set back up for the next friday and all is well or so i thought.

called on monday (last week) to change my bank details as the account i was using was closed.

couldn't change them and they were 'blocked' from doing that

and she said a manager could fix it and call me back.

no one ever called so i assume it was sorted.

yesterday the guy turns up asking for payment and

after looking on his wee computer thing he sees that there is a note on my acc not to contact me (?!)

so he said i'll go away and sort it and come back with the area manager.

all good i thought.

turns up today, i was in the bath so couldn't answer the door so called them back and out he comes with some debt manager or something.

tell me he wants £20 there and then or he's taking one of my tvs.

told him i don't have £20 as my card was cancelled

and waiting for a new one but i can pay 8am thursday morning.

no not good enough, dont pay us today one of the tvs get taken.

i tell him i dont think so, ive offered the money, its in my account but i just can't get access to it, im asking you to wait less than 48 hours til i get my card.

no if you don't give us one of them i'll call the police.

im a single mother, kids didn't happen to be here when they first arrived but got home with my mother just after they came.

so im sitting there with a 5 yr old and a 3yr old being threatened with the police.

i say ok i can put the money into my mums account and use her card, they sit and watch me do that

and then say oh but the girl in the office needs to speak to her!

surely they could have said that before they sat and watched me put the only money i have into her account.

my mother is out at the minute and will be home in about 30mins, so i said if you take the tv you'll be back within the hour, not a problem he says.

so off i go to unplug one of them and the carry on starts again, oh we dont need that one has to be the other.

so i says well you said 'one' of your tvs you didn't specify and i am offering you one. nope not budging.

so off he is away with one of my tvs.

tell me he can't do this?

they literally sat there (There were 2 men) and threatened me with the police

when my 2 young kids were there if i didn't hand over my tv for an hour.

i am so annoyed right now

they should NOT be threatening you with the police.

aas a lever to taking the TV

that is AGAINST THE LAW

and BV have said time and again here they would retrain those saying so.

THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS AND HAVE NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's absolutely disgusting of BAYV to have behaved, esp as a "so called" manager was involved!!

DX is totally correct they aren't Bailiffs & have no legal powers at all!!

How they can still behave in this manner & get away with it is beyond me!!

Make a formal complaint & detail exactly what has happened as you have done here & send it to BAYV Chief Executive.

Graham Clarke

Email; [email protected]

Tele; 01656 754500

Address; Kingsway Buildings,

Bridgend Industrial Estate,

Bridgend,

CF31 3RY

Be firm & insitent, do not let BAYV intimidate you anymore, they are cowardly bullies without any legal powers!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

i phoned to pay the £20 and now apparently after speaking to the area manager ive not to get the tv back unless i pay £109.

area manager spoke to elaine mockler who i dealt with before and shes told him i made an agreement to pay £50 as a one off payment and i didn't pay. i made no agreement so i don't know where she is getting that from.

i am just about to phone them and tell them i no longer want the tv.

my mum is with a local company and i can get a bigger tv with the same spec added on to her account for £3 pw,makes you realise how much these companies rip you off.

just fired off an email to elaine,was more polite than i wanted to be but i can't wait to see what she has to say for herself.

there was no written nor verbal agreement for £50 between us.

ive got my spreadsheet filled out for the insurances should i wait til this is sorted out then hit them with it?

i am still so annoyed at them for this.

kids keep asking if the police man is coming to take me away and the younger one getting upset. great,cheers for that goons! grrr

shame you didn't record or film the guys in your huse

next time

don't let them in/

dx

and they

you should of sent that reclaim off weeks ago

dx

and they

old and new threads merged

and they

What email did she send?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

so elaine has been stalking me online and copied a post i made here months ago to the email she sent me today.

denied lying of course,didn't expect any less.

hello if you are out there reading! :wave:

Gawd blimey, this is an utterly ridiculous way for a Company & it's Employees to behave!!

I'm also interested in what this email says, if you care to share!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!