killagorrilla2

Barclays Penalty...sorry, Commission Charges.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1888 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know if Barclays are legally allowed to charge £30 for Paid Referral Charges on a business account?

I have month on month been hit hard with these charges and every month its getting harder to get out of the hole they are creating for me!

My personal account has the occassional Paid Referral Fee but this is charged at £8, although still a lot of money it is much more reasonable than the £30 on the Business Account.

How do I stand if I decide to go after them for a refund?

B

Hi Killa,

Reclaiming Business penalty chgs was pretty much stopped by the Supreme Court case that was started in 2007.

You do, of course, make a good point about the difference between personal a/c fees and business a/c fees - how can it cost any more to bounce a business payment than the personal one ??

You could have a look here for anything useful - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?196-Business-Bank-accounts-and-charges

If you are in Financial Difficulties, you could also read here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387436-Letter-for-consideration-regarding-Hardship-or-Financial-Difficulty - and here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387431-Letter-before-Action-Removal-of-Charges-under-Hardship-criteria-BCOBs-(update-21.04.2014)

It would be interesting to here if the bank is willing to justify the higher cost of bouncing a business pay't when BCOBs applies to small business too.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Also, read here about The OFT Test Case and subsequent treatment of Hardship cases - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/bank-charges.html

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks Slick.

Do you know of anybody that has taken a bank to court for recovery of these penalty charges since the OFT ruling?

I'm seriously tempted to give it a go.

Hi Killa,

I'm sorry to say I am NOT aware of any successes with business cases myself but DO read through threads in the first link in post #2 above.