BankFodder BankFodder

bcham

having to do Mandatory Work Activity

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2077 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi i am a 59 years old unemployed male. and have just been told next week i will see an adviser who will sort out a Mandatory Work Activity for me. i will have to go on a 4 weeks Mandatory Work Activity course.i told my adviser i do not want shop work .he said there is a variety of work activities to go on besides shop work. and said it will be explained to me later, any one know which other Mandatory Work Activities there are apart from charity shops. as i have trouble with my right leg from an old motor cycle injury. so it will be uncomfortable to stand for long periods. and also they think this Mandatory Work Activity will help me in my job search.

Sorry to hear that, one of the pitfalls of this unempathetic, heartless, cold and darn right disgusting government.

Could be anything from litter picking, shop work etc - I feel for you, I really do.

Of course if your old injury was to play up and you had to see your GP and get signed off that would be terrible as you would not have to do this slave labour and wouldn't it be terrible if it flared up before your next appointment? Just saying

thanks for the link.i also informed the job center about my leg not being able to stand for long periods. but i just got a blank look and was told something about putting barriers up.

after reading the link think i might go for the waste recycling placement.

Get a letter stating your leg problems.

thanks for the link.i also informed the job center about my leg not being able to stand for long periods. but i just got a blank look and was told something about putting barriers up.

after reading the link think i might go for the waste recycling placement.

Yeh I would have reminded them that sanctions also put barriers up but that dont stop them dishing them out!