BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2087 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys

I have a query regarding overtime rates for employees who receive a shift premium, i have scoured the internet but can't find anything relevant.

I receive a shift premium for working day/back/night shift, averaging out at 37 hours per week, over 8 weeks.

When I work overtime on day/back/night shift, my payment is calculated based on my basic salary, without shift premium.

I would assume that my premium is paid for my contractual 37 hours a week and any further shifts I work in overtime should include an additional premium for those hours.

Can anyone confirm if this is right and direct me to some legislation relating to it.

Thanks in Advance

VICTORIES:-D

QuickQuid £1004 RBS £1500 Mastercard £300 Clydesdale bank £3450 Wonga £2000 Elephant.co.uk £200 Shop Direct Finance £570

Shift premiums and overtime rates would be contractual issues. If a premium applies to working between particular times, or if an overtime rate kicks in when working over X hours per week, then that rate should apply for hours worked. The hourly rates should be published somewhere within your organisation and you will need to check this and challenge directly with payroll.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I would assume that you get paid £x per hour and a shift premium of £y per shift cycle. This means that overtime will be £x times say 1.5 times for the hours workd but as that isnt changing the shif cycle the premium is the set sum. so pay for a particular week with overtime whould be (£x times 37 hours + overtime of z hours @ £x times 1.5) plus shift allowance