2 months without car because of insurance company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i hope someone can help me, this is pretty complicated so please read carefully.

My 2013 car (under a year old) was vandalised outside my home which IS ON A MAIN ROAD on the friday 22/5/2014,

i contacted my insurance company, who werent going to have it collected until the tuesday even though the windows were out and it was raining, anyway i persuaded them to get it collected as it was at risk of being damaged further. and a company called copart came out later that day.

I assumed the insurance company would take care of the rest and just put the claim against myself.

After a week of hearing nothing(whether it was a write off or repairable) i rang the insurance company who said they were waiting for a evaluator to go out to decide what would happen and FOR ME to ring back next week and find out.

I ring back and they say its repairable, but they need the M.O.T certificate, i tell them its a brand new car it hasnt had an M.O.T so they put me on hold for 5minutes and come back and ask me for the service documents, i tell them again its a brand new car it hasnt had its first service, ok hold please... 5 more minutes go by and they ask for a photograph of my odometer for the mileage," you have my car how can i take a picture of my mileage?" oh... ok then CAN YOU ring copart and ask them to take a photo then please....

just wanting this sorted i did this and copart informed me this was standard practice for any car coming into their possession and they put the photos on their database for insurance companies to check as and when they needed them, so i rang my insurance and told them this.

a few weeks later i received a letter from copart asking me to contact them in regards to arranging my car to be delivered back to me i did this and the car was delivered a few days later...untouched

i asked the driver why he was delivering my car still damaged to my house on a busy main road, he said because my insurance company hadnt touched my car it was going to start costing ME not the insurance company for storage.

so i rang the insurance company and they told ME to contact CF services(the company my insurance use to fix cars) to see why they hadnt collected my car from co part..

again wanting this sorted i did this and CF services informed me that my insurance hadnt contacted them at all and my car wasnt on their system....

i told the insurance company this who then told CF services to contact me to arrange collection of my car, they did this the same day...

a few weeks later i ring cf services about the progress of my car, your car hasnt been touched, we are waiting for authorisation from your insurance company to go ahead and start working on it....

i ring the insurance company and they again say the hold up has been due to not receiving a mot certificate, service records or odometer(same process as before on hold for about 15minutes) i again say i have none of these explained why and they said they'd sort it.

it then took a few days for authorisation, but cf services contacted me and said the car would be ready approximately on the 25th july.

i have no problem with CF services theyve been spot on

i have no problem with copart they did what they had to

the problem has been my insurance company

i have lost two days work because of these, which included vital lieu days and half a days unpaid leave

£££ on phonebills as i work shifts i could only contact them by mobile

ive paid 2x £237 for finance on a car i have not had

ive paid 2x £100plus on insurance on a car i have not had

£££ for taxis to get to and from work

and since the car was damaged i wanted to sell it and to move abroad which i cant do until its back

ive also lost sleep due to stress

my question is this, can i claim anything back?

i apologise for the length of this but there has been a catalogue of errors,

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Send what you have written here to the Insurance Ombudsman. Motor insurance is designed to provide cover against losses and liabilities that the driver may suffer in the event of an accident, theft or certain other events relating to their vehicle.

I can clearly see you have suffered loss.

It's important that you complain first to the business you're unhappy with – and give them a chance to look into your problem. They have eight weeks to do this. The Ombudsman can help by contacting the business for you, and telling them about your complaint.

The consumer helpline is 0300 123 9 123 or 0800 023 4567