Default on Credit File with no Notice, and agreement up to date!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have recently looked at Noddle and found a default has appeared on my file.

This is in relation to a mortgage with The One Account.

In brief, I was unaware that my ex wife had moved out of our house after I divorced her. By the time I found out and contacted the mortgage company, they told me she had requested a voluntary repossession, and I had no option but to agree. After trying a few things, I had no choice.

I then came to an agreement with them in my name only to pay off the shortfall. I have met these payments without fail every month.

However the last 2 months have been marked as default on my credit file. I have not received any notice of this, and the payments have been made on time.

Contacting Noddle they have wrote back saying the information is correct and cannot be removed.

So what is my course of action to sort this problem out please? Who can I complain to?

Any other advice would be great as well.

Many Thanks

Hi All,

I have recently looked at Noddle and found a default has appeared on my file.

This is in relation to a mortgage with The One Account.

In brief, I was unaware that my ex wife had moved out of our house after I divorced her. By the time I found out and contacted the mortgage company, they told me she had requested a voluntary repossession, and I had no option but to agree. After trying a few things, I had no choice.

I then came to an agreement with them in my name only to pay off the shortfall. I have met these payments without fail every month.

However the last 2 months have been marked as default on my credit file. I have not received any notice of this, and the payments have been made on time.

Contacting Noddle they have wrote back saying the information is correct and cannot be removed.

So what is my course of action to sort this problem out please? Who can I complain to?

Any other advice would be great as well.

Many Thanks

Good morning, welcome to CAG,

Noddle is correct here, they will have checked with the creditor/Mortgage provider, the fact that the property was repossessed (voluntarily or not) means that the terms of the mortgage have been breached, repayments of the shortfall agreed or not does not affect the fact that the account was in default.

You will have little or no chance of getting a properly place default removed.

It is not your current payment arrangement that is in default, it is the original mortgage.

It seems that you have voluntarily agreed to take on all the liability for a joint mortgage, otherwise the mortgage provider could pursue both parties.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi, and thanks for the response.

I fully understand what you are saying. However, shouldn't the account have been marked as Default at the time of default, Not just in the last month?

Hi, and thanks for the response.

I fully understand what you are saying. However, shouldn't the account have been marked as Default at the time of default, Not just in the last month?

It would have been defaulted at the time the mortgage was defaulted on, these are not always reported quickly as underlying debts are outstanding i.e. the shortfall.

Also Noddle uses 2nd hand data from its parent Call Credit and is not always up to date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It was marked as BB, but never as default. I have never had any default notice sent to me, but as I said in the original post I was totally unaware of what was going on at the time.

The Mortgage company did not have my address when I moved away from the area, the reason being, they supplied the address I first moved into when I walked out to my ex wife, which caused a lot of problems for me. I had to call the police 4 times to get my ex wife to stop her threatening behaviour.

So it is possible she had a default notice. As I also said previously, as soon as I found out I was in immediate contact with the bank.

It was marked as BB, but never as default. I have never had any default notice sent to me, but as I said in the original post I was totally unaware of what was going on at the time.

The Mortgage company did not have my address when I moved away from the area, the reason being, they supplied the address I first moved into when I walked out to my ex wife, which caused a lot of problems for me. I had to call the police 4 times to get my ex wife to stop her threatening behaviour.

So it is possible she had a default notice. As I also said previously, as soon as I found out I was in immediate contact with the bank.

It is unlikely that given this is a mortgage debt a default notice such as you would receive say for a credit card debt would be issued, notices of arrears would have been sent and no doubt many letters as well, which I guess is why your ex opted for voluntary repossession.