British Gas stress making me ill ! ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I had an email from JoeBG saying he was going to escalate the complaint.

Yesterday a lady from British Gas called me ( despite me saying on many occassions that I want correspondence in email form only due to my cognitive/memory problems) to tell me that someone was going to call me today.

Nobody called today.

Ive just resent an email to give them a prod. Ive also said again that I only want to be contacted via email or letter.

I had a bill today saying I owe them £1189.00.

Dx, have you managed to look at my bills yet, have you any idea, if youve had time to look, whats gone on ?

Thanks a lot.

i'm hoping our new BG rep will sort you

I couldn't get old bills

i'll go try again tonight

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well still no word from anyone at British Gas.

Ive resent an email every day but apart from a 2 line email by a member of the social media monitoring team saying he will chase up the complaint, British Gas have pretty much ignored me.

Ive had to go to my doctor as Im not sleeping due to this worry and hes put me on sleeping pills.

Thanks British Gas, for " looking after my world"

Hi, I meed opinions please, on the following.

I finally heard back from British Gas, theyve made " an offer". Im just not sure what to do about it,

Because Im not really that happy about it, but beggers cant be choosers and if I refuse it and go down the

"Ombudsman" route I may end up worse off?

Anyway, this is the email they sent today. Any advice and opinions will really really be appreciated, thanks.

Dear Ms ******+

Thanks for your recent email about the issue you’ve encountered with your account. I’m sincerely sorry this issue has been ongoing for such a long period of time and hope I can resolve the issue for you.

Having looked back through the notes on the account and the previous investigations that have been carried out, I was left with questions that could only be answered by looking at the meter. As the meter was removed in July, I feel the best way to resolve the issue is to calculate the difference between two rate and single rate back to the start of the account and apply a credit to cover this.

We amended your account to single rate from 1 April 2014. Working back from 1 April 2014 to 6 February 2012, I calculated, based on current prices, you would’ve saved £307.85 if we’d billed you at a single rate for all your electricity. This is probably a little higher than the actual figure as the unit prices are now higher than they were in 2012.

To bring about a resolution to the complaint, I’d be happy to apply a credit of £307.85 for the tariff difference and a further goodwill gesture of £92.15 as an apology for the service you’ve received. This brings the total credit offered to £400.00 and would reduce the bill to £776.59.

Your annual consumption prior to the solar panels being installed was approximately 12000 kWh which is around £1600.00 based on current prices. This is around £135.00 per month so the payments you’d made previously weren’t high enough to cover what you were using and resulted in the build up of debt. Now you’ve had the solar panels fitted, I’d expect your consumption to drop dramatically, especially over the summer.

We’re due to review your Direct Debit payment in four months time. At this point we’ll look at the outstanding balance and what we think you’ll use in the following 12 months and split this over the next year. At this point, the Direct Debit may be increased but we’ll be happy to discuss what we can do to accommodate your circumstances at that point.

I was hoping they would take the bill back to the £332 that they said I owed before they suddenly decided to back-bill me, to be honest. Is that unreasonable?

Explain that, see what they say. You have nothing to lose..

Thankyou for replying. I emailed them and told them I wasnt happy with that, but they wont budge.

I guess I have to either accept it or take it further. To be honest Im tired of fighting them, Im sick of thinking of those 2 words " British Gas".

Hi bhb1958

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Mr Chris Weston

Managing Director

British Gas

[email protected]

Thankyou rebel !

I had an email from them this morning, They have written off the debt!

I cant believe its an end to all the worry, at last! Thankyou SO much, and than,you to dx to!

Not only is the debt clear, theyve given me £50.00 credit,

so my account is now in credit for the first time since being with BG.

I cant tell you how relieved I am!

I just hope they dont suddenly decide they have changed their minds

and send me another email, lol, nothing would surprise me with BG,

I will be keeping a close eye on my account.

credit where its due, they have come through for me, eventually,

and while it doesnt change the stress theyve put me through for 2 years,

at least they have put this right now.

THANKYOU,!!!! : )

hey great news.

glad to help.

if you persist with BG

they do eventually come right and help.

sometimes it takes a while

sometimes its quick

it finding the right person who can be bothered or stays there long enough to take an interest in a complex case.

I was lucky with my one too in a way.

mine was a faulty meter for about 8yrs but was intermittent.

eventually a thunderstorm killed it.

when the new meter went in

my usage was 25% of the old one...

they couldn't argue and refunded 8yrs of over charging.

well done again

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...