Parking without permit....7 months on! - Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, sorry to drag this up again as I know there is a lot of advice out there already!

I received a Penalty Charge Notice from P4 Parking in Edinburgh, I actually had permit present but it wasn't really visible form the outside. I took pictures of the permit and the penalty charge notice together just so they know I at least had a permit.

So I appealed in an email to p4 parking with the attached photos. They turned down the appeal and said I had to pay £60 within 14 days.

I tired to pay online at the website but when I entered my registration plate it appeared "The vehicle details cannot be found at present please try again in 24 hours" which I did for a few days. Then gave up, emailed them telling them the online payment problem.

"You had fourteen days from the date the appeal letter was sent to you to pay the PCN reduced rate of £60.00. After this period, please be aware that you have to pay the full charging fee amount of £100.00.

The letter was sent to you by email on the 04.06.2014. therefore, the 14 days period had expired.

We are now expecting full payment.

You can make the payment choosing one of the alternatives:

• Send a cheque or postal order to PO Box 71107 London SE18 9LB

• Call our office Monday – Friday 08:00 - 18:00 (tel: 0845 556 0789) chose option 3 and hold for operator assistance.

Choosing not to pay will give us the freedom to legally solve this problem."

What should I do next? Ignore them or call the number and pay?

Thanks! :/

sorry you say PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

then this is council etc and must NOT be ignored

you sure?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no requirement to do anything in Scotland, the Protection of Freedoms Act that allows parking companies to chase after the keeper of a vehicle dont apply there and there is no such thing as trespass so landlord cant act either. You can ignore them or you can respond telling them that you were not the driver of the vehicle and you cannot help them identify who it was and no further correspondence will be entered into.

Do not pay these bandits a penny, they have no right whatsoever to claim anything from you. They will always reject your appeal because this is how they make their money.

If you get any further demands, file them away for the moment in case you wish to make complaints about their behaviour.

You have been very lucky then that they would not accept your Money.

You can safely ignore, the important factor here is that these charges are being issued by Private Limited Companies who have no legal standing of any description. They will however make noises threatening you with all sorts of things such as public execution on prime time telly.

IGNORE and they will eventually give up

These companies do not do courts in Scotland even when they are invited to go there. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE AS I HAVE TRIED ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS.

There is no requirement to do anything in Scotland, the Protection of Freedoms Act that allows parking companies to chase after the keeper of a vehicle dont apply there and there is no such thing as trespass so landlord cant act either. You can ignore them or you can respond telling them that you were not the driver of the vehicle and you cannot help them identify who it was and no further correspondence will be entered into.

Do not pay these bandits a penny, they have no right whatsoever to claim anything from you. They will always reject your appeal because this is how they make their money.

If you get any further demands, file them away for the moment in case you wish to make complaints about their behaviour.

I AGREE ENTIRELY WITH YOUR POINT, OTHER THAN TO SAY THAT IT IS UNWISE TO STATE THAT YOU WERE NOT THE DRIVER IF IN FACT YOU WERE . STANDARD LETTERS OF RESPONSE IN SCOTLAND NOW STATE THE FOLLOWING.

The registered keeper/owner of a vehicle is under no obligation to provide details of the driver or any other information to a commercial company of no legal status whatsoever. (Scottish Jurisdiction). Therefore if it is your intention to pursue the registered keeper for payment in this instance,

I require you to provide detailed proof of liability.

• 3 weeks later...
You have been very lucky then that they would not accept your Money.

You can safely ignore, the important factor here is that these charges are being issued by Private Limited Companies who have no legal standing of any description. They will however make noises threatening you with all sorts of things such as public execution on prime time telly.

IGNORE and they will eventually give up

These companies do not do courts in Scotland even when they are invited to go there. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE AS I HAVE TRIED ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS.

I called them last week after incessant letters for about 3 months (I was parked in my own space in Scotland - permit must have fallen on the ground!), called them up, explained and said "This is very simple, I'll not be paying so stop writing and take me to court!" In a rather sad way, I actually want this to happen.:!:

I assume you have asked them to go to court a few times in order to prove your point/set a precedent?

Scotland

TOTALLY IGNORE THEM.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have invited a number of companies to raise an action in Scotland numerous time without success.

In addition,You will also find that P4 parking and TNC Parking Services who do their begging mention POPLA in their correspondence as do a number of other BPA MEMBERS.

OF COURSE THERE IS NO DELIBERATE INTENTION TO MISLED PEOPLE IN SCOTLAND INTO BELEIVING THAT THE PROTECTION OF FREEDOMS ACT APPLIES.

HOW COULD ANYBODY THINK SO BADLY OF THIS HIGHLY ETHICAL INDUSTRY?

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD SIMPLY IGNORE ALL FUTURE BEGGING LETTERS AS THEY DO NOT DO COURTS IN SCOTLAND.

Ok, they cannot set a precedent by going to court as that requires primary leghislation that will overturn 1000 years of Scottish law so I cant ever see that one creaking over the horizon. The entire industry business model is based upon a lie- that they have the authority to issue a demand for monies when you park on someone else's land.

Update:

I ignored the p4parking letters after my appeal.

Its now been passed onto TNC,

I've received 2 letters from them stating the case will be referred to the litigation department.

They also phoned but I wasn't in.

I will continue to ignore the letters and calls but if I do answer the phone to them what is the best approach?

Quote some legal stuff or hang up?

Cheers,

PS thanks for the advice so far!

You gave them your phone number?

If you are alone when they phone you up... scream loudly any obscenities that come to mind and hang up.

Or... answer no questions that they ask but state ' in writing only ' and hang up.

I'm glad they have referred the matter to their litigation dept. If they actually employ anyone who is legally trained this will be the last you ever har from them but in reality it is just another pile of papers on someones's desk. They know they are wrong but hope you are daft enough to think that they might be right.