MET Parking Charge Notice Mcdonalds Stansted **Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you will need to look up whether the land is covered by byelaws and if it is then use that as point 1.

If you cannot find the information then claim it is covered by byelaws and is thus not "relevant land" and put it to proof by MET to the contrary. Certainly there is land that is covered by the byelaws so it is a matter of whether maccyD's is within that land.

Hello

i did as instructed and wrote to the BPA,

appealed to POPLA (which were cc'd in on the letter I sent to the BPA) and

they have rejected my appeal because the POPLA was out of date!

Pretty much what I said was going to happen...

What now?

I'll see what the BPA comes back with but I can't see this being successful.

you might need to chase the BPA with another complaint about why are they letting their members abuse the appeals system by failing to send out the rejection letters and POPLA codes too late. Copy to your MP with a cc on the letter to the BPA so they know that you havetold your MP taht they are ignoring you.

I will see what the BPA say when I have returned from Holiday. The fact I have already appealed this parking fine to me would say that is clarification who the driver was at the time.

I think the route of ignoring seems to have been the better route, I was hoping after following the very helpful advice I would have progressed somewhere but it seems like a lot of going round in circles.

Will call the BPA if they have not responded.

Thanks for the advice again.

Youre worrying too much and thinking of things that wont happen. Follow the advice given and they cant do anything. If they try, youll win on any legal challenge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sultan.

please remember - IT IS NOT A FINE.

its a speculative invoice

nowhere do they use that word.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The BPA are the trade organisation of the parking cowboys and although they may well respond with come assurance that they have spoken to MET they wont be doing much to upset their member and have them join the rival organisation. However, your reason for doing this is to create a paper trail and force MET to show whether it has followed the Code Of Practice it signed up to or not. Should the matter go further than POPLA this will become rather damning against MET as you can demand to see the BPA letter and their response on this.

For this reason I wouldnt worry too much about chasing up the BPA but it will do no harm to do so.

I called BPA this afternoon as I hadn't heard back from them.

The lady I spoke to actually had my complaint letter on the desk and was about to look at it (apparently..).

I outlined my complaint with her and she asked me to forward the rejection letters from both POPLA and MET. Have done this and again outlined my grievance at the fact I did not receive the rejection letter from MET and had to chase for a copy, of when I had received it the POPLA code had already expired...

The BPA did tell me however they cannot enforce MET/POPLA to give me a new code, they can only recommend they do this as they are not a regulatory body.

It did make me wonder the point of their existence if they cannot help someone like me who has been put in this situation by MET and I have followed the appeal procedure as outlined.

Anyhow, will keep you posted!

Thanks for the ongoing help.

Cheers.

BPA are simply a group of PPC's who think they can govern themselves. In the majority of cases, it works out. But it's nowhere near an ideal situation. It's like telling a bunch of cowboy clampers to regulate themselves.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

its NOT A FINE

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

GOOD NEWS!

I chased up the BPA about this and within a day MET had cancelled the notice.

The reason they stated was as a 'goodwill gesture' for the hassle I have incurred in appealing this fine.

Many thanks all for the help, another one for the little guy!

It's that word again "FINE" it's not a fine!!!!!

It is a fine.

it is NOT

nowhere does any PPC paperwork use that word.

ONLY the police/council can fine you.

this is a speculative invoice

dx

and they

oh certainly a penalty yes.

and they