mug V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I havent been charged as much as the others have, I have been charged £20 for going £32.44 over my overdraft limit of £1000. Today, I received a letter saying they will take £28 off me on the 30th of November for being over the overdraft this month which currently stands at £52.44 over the overdraft or £1052.44 in the red.

Do I include the future charge in my letter?

Also, i cant seem to get the hang of this bit in the letter:

'I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.'

In those spreadsheets hanging about I enter £20 under charge amount and 30/10/06 in charge date, the interest comes up as £0.01, is that what I replace XXX with? So that it reads

'I calculate that you have taken £20 plus £0.01 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £20.01.'

If so, since the interest is pretty much negligible would the letter be just as effective if I replace the whole statement with:

'I calculate that you have taken £20 plus a further £28 is to be taken on 30th November. Total £48.'

oh thanks for that Ben, this morning I got another letter saying I am over my overdraft limit and they will take a futher £28 from my account in December.

Phoned them up why they are taking money from me in December and in November, she went on to say that I get charged the following month if I was overdrawn this month.

so now ill have to write in "I calculate that you have taken £76"